Mobileread
The Case of The Golden Coprolite
#211  desertgrandma 12-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Quote Slite
Oh, could it be something like a banana-hammock?
Oh Lord, another picture burned into my retinas!

#212  Slite 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Quote Ralph Sir Edward
Please pardon my ignorance. Doesn't the universe come to an end during Ragnarok? (seriously curious.)
Nope, not really, the current installment of the universe will come to an end, but it will be reborn after Ragnarok has run it's course:

Ragnarök refers to a series of major events, including a great battle foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, Freyr, Heimdall, and the jötunn Loki), the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water. Afterward, the world resurfaces anew and fertile, the surviving gods meet, and the world is repopulated by two human survivors

#213  montsnmags 12-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Quote Slite
and the world is repopulated by two human survivors[/I]
Queen Zee and a young Laurence Fishburne.

Cheers,
Marc

#214  Slite 12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Quote montsnmags

Cheers,
Marc
Yeah, something like that

#215  zelda_pinwheel 12-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Quote montsnmags

Cheers,
Marc
well, if it's for the survival of humanity, i suppose i could make that sacrifice. you did say young Laurence Fishburne right ? preferably around the Cotton Club epoque.

#216  Slite 12-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Quote zelda_pinwheel
australian men's fashion is so elegant.
I was actually right

"budgie smugglers
Australian slang term for men's tight-fitting Speedo-style swimwear. The 'lump in the front' apparently resembles a budgie when it is stuffed down the front of someone's shorts. Ah, those crazy Aussies!!
In discussing his film "Revolver" on BBC's Radio 5Live, Guy Ritchie said that Ray Liotta's 'Mr. Macha' character, who parades around wearing only budgie smugglers for much of the film - was 'an impressive sight'.
speedos banana hammock trunks swimwear"

#217  montsnmags 12-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Quote zelda_pinwheel
well, if it's for the survival of humanity, i suppose i could make that sacrifice. you did say young Laurence Fishburne right ? preferably around the Cotton Club epoque.
Well, I've got the older Laurence Fishburne locked up in my cellar, so I guess you'll have to take the Cotton Club epoque model.

Quote Slite
I was actually right

[I]"budgie smugglers
Australian slang term for men's tight-fitting Speedo-style swimwear.
Now you know how the sharks feel.

Cheers,
Marc

#218  GeoffC 12-17-2008, 11:48 AM
all i can say is "i was caught unawares (as well as unawears!)".

#219  pshrynk 12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Bravo! Just got around to this thread in my futile attempt to cathc up after vacation. Great story and I will be sure to dl it!

#220  Ralph Sir Edward 12-22-2008, 09:13 PM
When I get back to to The Hole, I will write a song parody/ advertisement for us old Baby Boomers. (It could actually be used as an ad campaign had any Madison Ave. types thought of it.) I will post it for Christmas.... - RSE

« First  « Prev   (22/22)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register