Mobileread
Good Omens oddity
#1  ottdmk 06-23-2020, 01:52 PM
So, I went looking for Good Omens on kobo.com yesterday. Couldn't find it. Found the script book, found the companion, found the audiobook... but not the ebook.

For the heck of it, went looking on harpercollins.ca. Same deal. No ebook.

Amazon.ca has it, but I find myself wondering if that's because the amazon.ca Kindle store is just a copy, by and large, of the amazon.com store.

I just can't figure out why a book as successful and available for so long, from a major publisher, is not available any more (I know I've seen it @ Kobo before) in Canada... not even from the publisher's own direct sale site.
GoodOmens.png 

#2  JSWolf 06-23-2020, 03:26 PM
Quote ottdmk
So, I went looking for Good Omens on kobo.com yesterday. Couldn't find it. Found the script book, found the companion, found the audiobook... but not the ebook.

For the heck of it, went looking on harpercollins.ca. Same deal. No ebook.

Amazon.ca has it, but I find myself wondering if that's because the amazon.ca Kindle store is just a copy, by and large, of the amazon.com store.

I just can't figure out why a book as successful and available for so long, from a major publisher, is not available any more (I know I've seen it @ Kobo before) in Canada... not even from the publisher's own direct sale site.
Good Omens is available at Kobo in the US and the UK.

#3  ekbell 06-24-2020, 10:45 AM
The copy available to Canadians on Google Play has Random House as the publisher as does the amazon copy. Their Canadian website only features the paper version of the book.

As for why the book is available to Canadians on amazon and google play but not kobo...
Maybe Canada isn't part of Kobo's default setting for UK publishers? but is for Amazon and Google?

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register