Mobileread
ASTAK Pocket Pro Version listing
#11  ProDigit 03-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Ok, I have my EZ reader Pocket pro (5"), and seemingly have FW version 4.
Any reason to switch/upgrade,and where can I find it?

#12  theducks 03-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote ProDigit
Ok, I have my EZ reader Pocket pro (5"), and seemingly have FW version 4.
Any reason to switch/upgrade,and where can I find it?
Dunno
If it works for you.

Version 4?

My black PEz was shipped with FW that had no MP3 or TTS

I grabbed the latest Jinke FW (the Chinese manufacturer of the V5) to Get MP3 back. I have 9 font sizes and it is stable with EPUB.

I Like L-book FW for the Delete and Move options, but I was having stability issues on my Blue PEz.

#13  ProDigit 03-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Too bad! Version 4 has TTS, MP3, and 9 fontsizes.

It does freeze up after long time in locked mode, and loses the time after being in locked like that...

Reading a book while listening to music is possible.

I don't know what's better. The TTS is a nice feat, but I hardly will need it;plus, the voice of the TTS is more robotic/mechanical than more modern TTS versions...

#14  theducks 03-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote ProDigit
Too bad! Version 4 has TTS, MP3, and 9 fontsizes.

It does freeze up after long time in locked mode, and loses the time after being in locked like that...

Reading a book while listening to music is possible.

I don't know what's better. The TTS is a nice feat, but I hardly will need it;plus, the voice of the TTS is more robotic/mechanical than more modern TTS versions...
AH I see which Version 4 now.

My version is a from: http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/English/service/update_V5.asp?updateflag=1
Which is closer to #6

And the clock does (mostly) keep time

I do think there was a hardware change, as I can now turn the V5 OFF and back on and NOT lose time. (My Blue PEz always lost the time when turned OFF)

#15  ProDigit 03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah, same issue here, but if that's all, it's not too bad!
I don't know if the device is completely turned off, or if it's just locked, and if there's any other way than to long press the power, to turn it off, and press it to turn it on again.

Then again, the device sips power so little,that it makes no sense to turn it off!
It takes more power to boot the device than to leave it on for a day or so!

As for the version,mine is version 4 (of the main thread), in all things (all parsers, kernels etc... 20091211).

So they thrown in the towel on the EzReader Pocket Pro's Firmware development, and kept unstable versions available instead?

#16  DaleDe 03-16-2012, 03:50 PM
I believe the last version on the Jinke site is stable but likely to be missing the TTS feature. it was only available from certain manufacturers. The latest version with the most features is likely to be the LBook version. It has been maintained longer than the others.

Dale

#17  ProDigit 03-16-2012, 06:00 PM
If I have the Astak EzReader Pocket Pro 5", which update should I select?
Lbook V3, V3+ or V5?

#18  tmclough 03-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote ProDigit
If I have the Astak EzReader Pocket Pro 5", which update should I select?
Lbook V3, V3+ or V5?
V5.

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters."

#19  spknapp 07-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Anybody know where I can download the Astak v5 firmware files? Or does anybody have them that they can send to me or send me a link to download? I had a hard disk crash and lost all the Astak files and, of course, their web site no longer has the ereaders on it.

Thanks,
Steve

#20  AJ Starr 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote spknapp
Anybody know where I can download the Astak v5 firmware files? Or does anybody have them that they can send to me or send me a link to download? I had a hard disk crash and lost all the Astak files and, of course, their web site no longer has the ereaders on it.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,

I still have my files, all versions of them. But last time I tried to post them, they were too large. Do you know which version you want, I have all but the original. I'll try to send them however I can. Best if this is handled as a Private Message (pm) to me.

AJ

EDIT: I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE THESE VERSIONS AVAILABLE AS NEEDED. CONTACT ME BY PM IF YOU WANT ONE.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register