Mobileread
Anyone purchased the new Plottr Pro [emphasis on 'Pro']
#21  Dr. Drib 01-21-2022, 07:24 AM
Quote JSWolf
Yep, artsy films. That's not to say there are not any good films there. But one thing I noticed is they really need apps for smart TVs.
Well, I finished my Debbie Does Dallas days 40-50 years ago, and I've now moved on to (your term) 'artsy' films - along with the occasional sci-fi, horror, and zombie flick. But only if some gooey brains are present.

Give me a dark noir film - along with Citizen Kane and a Fellini film - and that's my orgasmic paradise.

On the app situation - a big YES!

#22  JSWolf 01-21-2022, 08:29 AM
Quote Dr. Drib
Well, I finished my Debbie Does Dallas days 40-50 years ago, and I've now moved on to (your term) 'artsy' films - along with the occasional sci-fi, horror, and zombie flick. But only if some gooey brains are present.

Give me a dark noir film - along with Citizen Kane and a Fellini film - and that's my orgasmic paradise.

Any streaming service without a TV app is a big no.

However, I do place to watch The Father tomorrow night.

#23  Hitch 01-21-2022, 09:06 AM
Quote Dr. Drib

I love Noir.

In fact, I have an exceeding fondness for films from the 30's-40's. In the 50's, I start to go off of many, but there are some standouts.

I was very upset when TCM's first streaming service went kaput--particularly because I'd never known it existed. Now, given how often I watch TCM, how that particular offering flew under my radar, damned if I know, but all I can say is, they must have done an abysmal job of advertising/promoting/marketing it, because I would have been in heaven. (sigh). Yes, they still have a streaming channel now, but it's meh. They simply show the same movies that they've had on, in a given week, for another week.

Hitch

#24  Dr. Drib 01-21-2022, 12:07 PM
Quote JSWolf
Any streaming service without a TV app is a big no.

However, I do place to watch The Father tomorrow night.

I'm having to use Airplay to mirror the website onto my TV. The speed is too slow, hence some stuttering, so I just upped my Claro subscription to a higher internet speed. I hope it works.

There's no problem whatsoever in watching it on my MacBook Air (m1) laptop.

#25  Hitch 01-21-2022, 01:01 PM
Quote Dr. Drib
I'm having to use Airplay to mirror the website onto my TV. The speed is too slow, hence some stuttering, so I just upped my Claro subscription to a higher internet speed. I hope it works.

There's no problem whatsoever in watching it on my MacBook Air (m1) laptop.
Yeah, you can Chromecast it too, especially easy with a Chrome-centric dongle.

Hitch

#26  ownedbycats 03-28-2022, 12:35 AM
Quote Dr. Drib
The Lifetime Regular version of the regular Plotter is (I think) $99.00

The Lifetime Pro version is (for a short time; this is the second offering) is $117.00

One difference is that you don't have to be on the internet to use the Pro version. The internet is required, of course, for syncing.
So Lifetime Regular is only lifetime until the company goes out of business?

#27  gmw 03-28-2022, 02:57 AM
Quote ownedbycats
So Lifetime Regular is only lifetime until the company goes out of business?
Aren't they all? My first question when I read about lifetime guarantees is: whose?

#28  ownedbycats 03-28-2022, 04:13 AM
If it doesn't phone home, at least you can keep a few copies of the installer on a backup drive. But if it does, you're screwed when the company eventually shuts down.

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register