Mobileread
Adding Comment Column
#1  bfree380 05-24-2020, 05:13 PM
Is there any way of adding a column to show if a book has a comment or not (book description)? I've been able to do it if it has a book cover or not (mostly), but not sure how to do it for the comments.

Thanks!

#2  bfree380 05-24-2020, 06:10 PM
Quote bfree380
Is there any way of adding a column to show if a book has a comment or not (book description)? I've been able to do it if it has a book cover or not (mostly), but not sure how to do it for the comments.

Thanks!
So, I found something that does work here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=328694

I would rather have it in a separate yes/no column, but it'll work as an icon.

#3  kovidgoyal 05-25-2020, 12:21 AM
Why do you want a column showing that? If you want to list books without comments, just search for comments:false

#4  dunhill 05-25-2020, 04:31 PM
Or it could have an icon column for that option
1.png 

#5  bfree380 05-26-2020, 04:41 PM
Quote kovidgoyal
Why do you want a column showing that? If you want to list books without comments, just search for comments:false
I've got an extensive collection, and I'm cleaning it up (adding missing covers, comments, format, etc...). I also have some doubles that were added in, without the author/title being correct. So I'm scrolling down the list and if I see it missing the cover, I'll edit the metadata to add it. Using the Icon method is working just as well though. If I see that the icon isn't there, I'll stop and edit it.

#6  bfree380 05-26-2020, 04:43 PM
Quote dunhill
Or it could have an icon column for that option
That's what I've done for now. It works out just as well overall.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register