Mobileread
How can I search to see a list of all my ePubs that have a certain word in the OPF?
#1  droopy 05-23-2020, 09:46 PM
How can I search my library's epubs's OPF files for a certain keyword?

To narrow it down, the keyword will appear in a "dc:" tag

#2  BetterRed 05-24-2020, 01:47 AM
Create a search group for the relevant columns in Preferences->Searching and search the group.

BR

#3  droopy 05-24-2020, 01:50 AM
Group? Columns?
OPF is not in any columns. OPF is a file contained in the epub-zip package.

#4  BetterRed 05-24-2020, 01:59 AM
Is the metadata in the epub .opf files not the same as the library database?

Assuming its not, the only way I can think of is to unzip the epubs into folders and search them with an external content search tool, most will let you specify the file type(s) to search and some support regex searches.

BR

#5  droopy 05-24-2020, 02:13 AM
BetterRed,
I don't know the answer your question. How can I figure out the answer?

#6  BetterRed 05-24-2020, 02:57 AM
What are you trying to do - i.e. what's your objective?

But, if you open an epub in the editor, and then double click the content .opf file is what you see the dc:title, dc:creator, cs:subjects, dc:description etc the same as you see in the Book list or Book details panel Title, Authors, Tags, Comments etc, viz:

show attachment »

BR

#7  droopy 05-24-2020, 03:33 AM
Hi betterred.

I'd like to see all my epubs that have the word "calibre" in the opf file.

#8  theducks 05-24-2020, 04:19 AM
Quality Check PI
Check EPUB Structure: (look at the bottom of the choice list)

#9  BetterRed 05-24-2020, 05:05 AM
Quote droopy
Hi betterred.

In your opening post you wrote: the keyword will appear in a "dc:" tag

The only dc:elements in the content.opf files I get with 'calibre' in them are lines like this:

Code
<dc:contributor opf:role="bkp">calibre (4.17.0) [https://calibre-ebook.com]</dc:contributor>
<dc:identifier opf:scheme="calibre">19ae3927-c955-4304-9795-1c0b8c54a5f7</dc:identifier>
If your epubs were created via conversion, or you have used the Polish or Embed metadata tools then the content.opf files will have lines like this:

Code
<meta name="calibre:title_sort" content="Book of Words"/>
<meta name="calibre:author_link_map" content="{&quot;George Wordsmith&quot;: &quot;&quot;}"/>
<meta name="calibre:timestamp" content="2012-03-21T22:47:08+00:00"/>
<meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#meta" content="{&quot;column&quot;:…< blah blah>…
If you want to get rid of the non-dc elements you can do that with the Modify Epub plugin, and if you want to go further than that, the Sigil editor has an easy to use metadata editing tool.

I still don't understand why you want this, just idle curiosity or is it to add, change or delete them ???

BR

#10  droopy 06-14-2020, 12:24 PM
Quote droopy
Hi betterred.

I discovered that a plugin I have installed, Quality Check, can easily find ebooks that were converted using Calibre.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register