Mobileread
Boyue Likebook Mars and Sideloaded Fonts
#1  Incanus 04-02-2020, 07:47 AM
Hello:

I know that you can sideload TTF an OTF font files on the <system drive>/font folder on the Boyue Likebook Mars, to be used with the included Boyue reader software.

With that being said, is it possible (and how) to use multiple styles (regular, bold, italic, bold italic) of the same sideloaded font on the included Boyue reader software?

If not, what Android reader software may use multiple styles of the same sideloaded font?

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]

#2  Incanus 04-05-2020, 10:06 AM
Quote Incanus
If not, what Android reader software may use multiple styles of the same sideloaded font?
Through experimentation, so far I've found that CoolReader and Librera both can readily handle multiple styles of the same sideloaded font:

But, they do get the new fonts working properly.

Is there any way to do this with Boyue Reader software in the same way that the Boyue Reader handles, say, it's System Default font? Not as a replacement, mind, but a new font with all of it styles, appearing to the font selection screen as one <name of the font> option.

[INCANUS]

#3  notimp 04-08-2020, 08:59 AM
I dont think so. But I dont know for sure. And I would like to know as well.

#4  Incanus 04-08-2020, 12:25 PM
What's the official channel to contact Boyue Support for this?

[INCANUS]

#5  josebla 04-11-2020, 05:33 AM
Well, we still have problems with the latest 2.3.2-2020033112 firmware... I've uploaded 2 videos showing how what you write in a pdf gets deleted as soon as you turn the page (just a bit before turning the page, exactly). I've sent am email to Boyue's technical support with both links, I think it's better this than trying to explain with words.

https://youtu.be/w5sGke-KOvs

https://youtu.be/TXwy7aphpE0

#6  Incanus 04-11-2020, 08:46 AM
Josebla:

Off topic, posting error or what?

Confused,

[INCANUS]

#7  josebla 04-12-2020, 05:43 AM
Oh I’m so sorry! I thought I was posting in the Mimas forum ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&goto=newpost )

Sorry again

#8  josebla 04-12-2020, 05:56 AM
Quote Incanus
What's the official channel to contact Boyue Support for this?

[INCANUS]
If this helps you, I’ve sent emails to likebook@boyue.com and they usually reply rather quickly.

In fact I sent emails last January-February and they replied, even though they were in their most severe phase of the coronavirus problem. Good for them

Personal opinion: even the firmware in their products have some problems and need some “polishing” (well... big error corrections ), I think they are a trustworthy company, trying to improve their products and taking into account what their costumers say. They don’t seem to abandon old products, and that’s a good point.

#9  Incanus 04-12-2020, 01:06 PM
Quote josebla
If this helps you, I’ve sent emails to likebook@boyue.com and they usually reply rather quickly.
Thanks! I've just sent them an email regarding this issue; I shall post the reply if and when I get it.

Gratefully yours,

[INCANUS]

#10  Incanus 04-20-2020, 08:55 AM
On Monday, April 13th I wrote to likebook@boyue.com regarding this issue.

On Tuesday, April 14th they replied thusly:

please send those fonts to us for checking

best regards
likebook

Which I did, on Wednesday, April 15th.

Not having heard from them, on Sunday, April 19th I asked if they had any news for me, to which they replied this today, Monday, April 20th:

hi, already forward to Developer team, they apprecaite your feedback--after they tested, they found the problem you mentioned

they will disucss it inner this week and maybe try to find solution laterly

thank you

likebook

Anyone with some experience with Boyue support could please explain to me what I should I expect from Boyue considering this reply?

[INCANUS]

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register