Mobileread
Dasung Paperlike HD-F or HD-FT
#1  xna360 01-31-2020, 07:10 AM
Hi,

I am thinking about getting a Paperlike Monitor and now thinking about which version I should buy: Dasung Paperlike HD-F or HD-FT (with touchscreen).

Since I'm a Mac user, the touchscreen is of no use to me, but maybe I'll connect a Windows notebook in the future. There is hardly any difference in price. So the HD-FT would be more future-proof.

Are there any other limitations with the HD-FT that I should better go for the HD-F?

Here is a post I found on indiegogo:

Hello, on Paperlike HD-FT the touch function sometimes randomly clicks where mouse cursor is pointing without any real touch input on the display from user. this is very annoying if you are doing input/content sensitive tasks on your computer. I am uisng this monitor for my job, can I disable the touch function with dasung software somehow or are there plans to add this feature to the Paperlike HD 2019 software?
Maybe someone has more information about these two models?

#2  xna360 02-01-2020, 04:23 PM
I have now read in a review on Amazon that the HD resolution is not that good and even Dasung recommends to set it lower:

Next is the HD resolution. I cannot comprehend the reason
for making the resolution so high. What is the purpose? It
is not that graphic designers are dying to use this monitor
with Adobe Photoshop, it is impractical for that. Even
the documentation suggests to use a lower resolution for
best performance. I feel a lower resolution that works
directly (without fiddling with display settings) and a
faster response (less ghosting and having to press the
`C' button to clear) would have been much better in my
humble opinion -- more particularly so for my use which is
text/code editing on a simple light background. Perhaps a
lower resolution model for text editing with a lower price
and a higher resolution model for... god knows what might
be better.
Maybe it's better to get a cheaper Paperlike Pro-F or Pro-FT with a lower resolution of 1600 x 1200?

Is there anyone here with a Paperlike HD who can confirm that the high resolution is rather negative for working?

#3  xna360 02-02-2020, 10:05 AM
Here I found someone who has the HD-F and the HD-FT and has postet a comparison Image of both screens: https://www.reddit.com/r/eink/comments/e5h2dt/selling_my_dasung_paperlike_hdft/f9lw9wg/

#4  xna360 02-11-2020, 06:23 AM
I got some answers from Dasung about the differences between HD and Pro (2019):

HD's resolution is much higher and provide with more stable system. It's different factory setting, the physical pixel density ppi of HD is 300, the pixel is bigger and ink is more denser and delicate so in this case the image is more clearer and experience is much better.

#5  skynet84 06-18-2020, 07:56 AM
I have both devices! Checkout my new videoreview
https://youtu.be/O9MIG8Es-PY
In the next days I'm going to make a complete review of the Paperlike HD-FT

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register