Mobileread
Anybody found solution to Goodreads integration failure?
#1  kyteflyer 04-29-2018, 04:57 PM
I have emailed Kris but no response thus far: hopefully he will reply this week sometime (its only been a few days)

I was wondering if anyone has found a way round the failure to integrate? I can be logged in to GR in its app, or on the web, but when I try to link from Marvin3, the page is blank, so no capacity to accept in the GR site. Thats on the iPhone. Oddly, no issues on the iPad at all.

Anybody?

#2  Zebedi 04-29-2018, 11:45 PM
I have had the same issues on an iPad for some time, so a fix would be good.

#3  nimapourkarimi 05-09-2018, 07:52 AM
Remove the goodreads app and let marvin open safari when you try to link it to goodreads, that should do it.

#4  kyteflyer 05-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a go, since Kris has not bothered responding to my query (now 2 weeks since I wrote) which surprised me, he used to be very responsive.

[edit] and that works, thank you so much.

#5  nimapourkarimi 05-11-2018, 03:22 AM
You’re welcome. I think the problem is a fault on goodreads side, not marvin’s.

#6  kyteflyer 05-12-2018, 01:15 AM
Seems like thats the case, otherwise your solution would not have worked.

#7  antproof 01-28-2019, 08:58 PM
I’m late to the party but thanks for the Goodreads fix. I just got a new iPad and it was driving me crazy thst I couldn’t connect to GR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#8  Ferante1 05-21-2020, 07:50 PM
Starts to open goodreads, then asks - Open in Marvin? If I click Cancel, stops loading Goodreads and loads another page of my Safari history (?) I deleted my entire Safari history, so now I forced it to go to the goodreads page. But it does nothing there, except I see a message on Goodreads sayong "This app is already authorized". But then I go back to Marvin, and GR shows still as unlinked. Tried same many times. Can anyone help?

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register