Mobileread
Is the Likebook Mars still worth it?
#1  Pumpernickel 10-22-2019, 01:32 PM
I would like to know if the Likebook Mars is still worth buying as of now, in October 2019, compared to others on the market. I am mainly looking at it because it's cheaper than other similar devices.

#2  Incanus 10-22-2019, 08:57 PM
Quote Pumpernickel
I am mainly looking at it because it's cheaper than other similar devices.
Yes: precisely so; and there you have your own answer. Why pay more if you are are looking for the same features?

I have it, I use it and I'm content.

Kind regards,

[INCANUS]

#3  toancv 10-24-2019, 01:07 PM
If you mostly use the third party apps then there is no reason to buy more expensive device. Likebook Mars should be the correct choice.

#4  ottischwenk 10-24-2019, 04:30 PM
Quote Pumpernickel
I would like to know if the Likebook Mars is still worth buying as of now, in October 2019, compared to others on the market. I am mainly looking at it because it's cheaper than other similar devices.
If you want a 7.8" screen. 6" with similar features, but without SD is Onyx Poke Pro.
I own both.

#5  fduniho 11-05-2019, 09:48 PM
Yes, the new features on the Ares will not greatly improve the ereading experience, and the Ares costs a bit more than the Mars did when it first came out. The Mars is good enough that I don't feel the need to replace it with something newer.

#6  fduniho 11-06-2019, 10:10 AM
After posting here last night, I read in another thread that the Ares does not have an audio port. The audio port on the Mars comes in very handy for plugging in earphones for listening to music while reading. If that's important to you, then the Mars may be preferable.

#7  Pumpernickel 11-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Thank you I just got it yesterday. Good device but I am having trouble getting a seamless experience reading comics and PDF scans of books. Any recommendations/help is appreciated

#8  Markismus 11-13-2019, 11:29 AM
@Pumpernickel Could you elaborate on the "non-seamless experience?" I had thought that the octocore 1.5GHz would be more than enough for processing, so would you mean something else?

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register