Mobileread
eReader for iPhone 1.1 released
#21  flumbo 08-16-2008, 09:00 PM
I can see my uploaded items. Are you sure they are correctly formatted and that you're logged in to the correct library (you need to log in to fictionwise and ereader separately)? I used the ereader ebook studio software mentioned above.

#22  thianliongpatpoh 08-23-2008, 02:40 PM
i'm a windows mobile user since Casio era. Around that dark ebook times, i chose microsoft reader format as there had been convertlit around to help 'unsecure' my purchased ebooks (yes, i went through hell with amazon.com and bn.com when they closed their ebookstore. Luckily i got that convertlit, and now with fictionwise.com, powells.com and ebooks.com).
Fast forward to three months ago. I'm comfortable with .lit, since i can blow the file and use the .opf file to create mobi .prc with all the formatting intact - so far. Then i got lucky to win an iphone 8gb with 1.1.3 firmware.
Downloaded books.app, rubooks.app, and still not content with them.
Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, when i decided to go to FW 2.0.1 (for 3G iphone but works for my gprs/edge one). Why? Because i want to check ereader.app
Ereader has done a good job, with some minor tweaking needed (chapter jump or page jump like in msreader?).
Then comes the .pdb format issue. I'm trying to find a software that can read the .opf from my blown .lit files, and create a .pdb with all formatting intact. I could do this to .prc, so basically when i bought .lit, i can convert it to mobi .prc. I have a library in .lit and .prc.
But not in .pdb... yet.
I tested the reader studio demo from ereader.com site, and still not satisfied as it doesn't preserve the formatting based from the .opf file.
As for downloading, i tried with fictionwise personal folder, and it went fine. But perhaps (i havent tried this with ebook, but have done it successfully with songs and video) using iphoneexplorer (on an XP machine) i can just drag and drop my .pdb to my iphone harddisk. I will find some free time to test this, as my main machine at home runs win2k.

cheers
TK

#23  JSWolf 09-01-2008, 10:27 AM
eReader 1.2 is now available.

#24  HarryT 09-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Do you know what the differences are between 1.1 and 1.2?

#25  HarryT 09-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Never mind - just seen another thread listing the changes .

#26  JSWolf 09-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Quote HarryT
Do you know what the differences are between 1.1 and 1.2?
NEW: What New Features are in the 1.2 Release?
eReader for iPhone and iPod touch version 1.2 includes the following new features:

* Status and navigation bar hiding after 5 seconds to give you the full screen while reading your books.
* Page number display and page slider bar.
* Introduction of the book unlock hint.
* Added Medium-large and Colossal font sizes.
* Use middle truncation in the Table of Contents and bookshelf titles.
* Back button for link navigation.
* About eReader screen.
* Several other various improvements and bug fixes.

#27  dordale 09-02-2008, 02:31 AM
TK--

You might want to check out Stanza--another reader for the iPhone/iPod Touch. It reads non drm-ed mobi and lit files (as well as many other formats). There is a desktop interface for both Mac and Windows that allows you to transfer files to your iPhone.

dordale

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register