Mobileread
Nook USB Cable Question
#1  Richwood 02-06-2020, 01:43 PM
I have read in the B&N instructions for Nook side loading file transfers that I should only use a Nook original micro USB cable as others might damage the unit. True or total BS? Should not all micro USB cables be built to the USB standard? I know that I have used non B&N cables for Nook charging.

#2  Sirtel 02-06-2020, 02:33 PM
I suspect it's BS. I use the cable of my Oasis with my Libra, and I have charged my Nook with my Kindle charger.

#3  cgsmom 02-18-2020, 09:19 AM
It's BS. My parrot destroyed my Nook cable. I just use my Kindle cable and it works just fine.

#4  Deskisamess 02-18-2020, 09:40 AM
I think all companies say similar things. It's a liability thing...if a device won't work properly, and you admit to using an accessory that wasn't made specifically for that device, they can claim it is not their problem.

We had one cell phone years ago that would balk and throw an error if you didn't use the micro usb cable that came with it. For all other phones and devices we've had over the years, swapping cables never caused any issues.

We do steer clear of dollar store cables and chargers.

#5  Tomk2 03-02-2020, 07:54 PM
I still use my old nook simple touch every now and then with whatever cable I have on hand. I haven't seen my nook cables in while. It mattered for the old Nook Color tablet, that charging cable had a longer USB connector, I think.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register