Mobileread
Apple IPod Mini Reflects Personality
#1  Colin Dunstan 05-14-2004, 05:53 AM
Some pooh-poohed the assorted colors of Apple Computer Inc.'s iPod mini as frivolous, but the digital music players are a smash hit and have become fashion accessories in and of themselves, says Duncan Martell from Reuters.

Too bad those sleek gadgets still take more than six weeks to be shipped (from the time the order was placed). And on EBay Inc., iPod minis -- sealed and in the box -- were listed for auction with multiple bids topping $300 (regular price is around $250).

Only time will tell if the iPod mini has indeed "resonated with the digerati", as industry analysts like to predict.

#2  sUnShInE 05-14-2004, 10:52 AM
According to Techbargans.com

iPod Mini Deal
Crutchfield has the iPod mini for the usual $249.99. Free shipping. Tax in VA.

$20 off First $200 Order Crutchfield Referral Code: prgpw-3v41y-q4wwy
Crutchfield is out of stock, but they will honor this price.

The mini's not a bad idea for someone who just wants to use their pod to workout really. A few people at my gym have them. Apple was smart in the roll-out. Every 14 yo girl wants one!

Also, bear in mind that if you're a student, you get an academic discount from Apple. Consult your school bookstore and save some cash.

#3  doctorow 05-14-2004, 10:54 AM
I don't think my school would offer the mini Apple. Do you think it is sufficient to send Apple a proof of my studies to receive the academic discount?

#4  sUnShInE 05-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Sure. Even homeskoolers qualify for academic pricing! I used to sell academic hardware and software. It's the tech industries best-kept secret.

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/routingpage.html

#5  Colin Dunstan 05-22-2004, 07:06 AM
Someone even goes as far as selling his SOUL so he could purchase an iPod Mini.

Unbelievable, this dude's soul is currently worth $100.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register