Mobileread
What are you listening to audiobooks ON?
#251  issybird 05-29-2020, 08:21 AM
Quote Catlady
I just got a new AGPTEK mp3 player--my old one still works fine but has lost a lot of battery life (down to about 6 hours from 20+), so I figured it was time for a new one after three and a half years. It's a different model, with more internal storage (16gb), but basically the same.

I'll use the old one for music, since it still has plenty of juice for that purpose, and the new one for audiobooks. I'm quite pleased with AGPTEK, both quality and price.
I got a waterproof AGPTEK MP3 player a year ago to replace my beloved Aerb which also had lost much battery life. I couldnÂ’t find a replacement Aerb and chose AGPTEK because it seemed so similar in form and function (and price). Unfortunately, in use it proved flaky and unreliable and I ended up going back to the Aerb and keeping the AGPTEK on hand only as a backup - the reverse of my original intent.

#252  Apache 05-29-2020, 08:59 AM
My Onkyo DP-X1A died. It would not turn on. I sent it to Squaretrade for repair since I still had seven months of warranty left. They decided that it could not be repaired and three days later there was a check in the mail. I really wanted to buy another one, but ultimately made the decision not to. It is still one of the best players, but the price has almost tripled since I bought mine and the Android OS is still 5. Some apps are no longer supported on Android 5. I got a really good deal on a FIIO 11 and am loving it. The touch screen is a dream and it runs all of my apps, holds all of my music and audiobooks.
Apache

#253  pwalker8 05-29-2020, 02:10 PM
I just upgraded my iPhone 8 plus to a iPhone 11 Pro Max. The big advantage for audiobooks is that I don't have to remove this one from the mophie case to plug it in my car. The other advantage is twice the space so I can load more books on it. Not a biggie, but I can load some of my favorite series in collections and have those available if I want a break from my up-next list.

#254  Catlady 06-20-2020, 01:29 PM
My brand-new AGPTEK just died. I connected it to my PC, left it plugged in for maybe 10 minutes or so while deciding what audiobook files to transfer, and then saw that the computer wasn't recognizing it and, more alarmingly, that it had gotten hot to the touch.

When I disconnected it wouldn't power on, even after it cooled off. It will power on when connected to a wall charger, but then turns off, and begins getting hot again. Looks like the date/time have reset to zero; no idea if my files on it have been disappeared.

Since it's still in the 30-day return window, I'm having Amazon replace it, though I'm a little leery and a lot annoyed. Funny thing is, just this morning I put the box it came in into the recycling bin. Oops.

#255  tubemonkey 06-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Quote Catlady
Since it's still in the 30-day return window, I'm having Amazon replace it, though I'm a little leery and a lot annoyed. Funny thing is, just this morning I put the box it came in into the recycling bin. Oops.
How does this one compare to previous models you've had in terms of build quality and function?

#256  Catlady 06-20-2020, 04:12 PM
Quote tubemonkey
How does this one compare to previous models you've had in terms of build quality and function?
It was comparable to my previous AGPTEK (discontinued model). It came in a different color and had 16gb internal memory as opposed to the previous 8gb; I didn't notice any other differences. I had it such a short time that I never tried Bluetooth or any other features except straightforward playing of audiobooks.

#257  JSWolf 06-20-2020, 04:28 PM
Quote Catlady
My brand-new AGPTEK just died. I connected it to my PC, left it plugged in for maybe 10 minutes or so while deciding what audiobook files to transfer, and then saw that the computer wasn't recognizing it and, more alarmingly, that it had gotten hot to the touch.

When I disconnected it wouldn't power on, even after it cooled off. It will power on when connected to a wall charger, but then turns off, and begins getting hot again. Looks like the date/time have reset to zero; no idea if my files on it have been disappeared.

Sounds like the battery is shot. I had the battery replaced in my iPhone 6s by Apple and the battery they put in started swelling.

#258  Catlady 06-20-2020, 10:38 PM
Quote JSWolf
Sounds like the battery is shot. I had the battery replaced in my iPhone 6s by Apple and the battery they put in started swelling.
A friend of mine just had the battery swell up in a Mac laptop.

#259  Paperbackstash 06-29-2020, 02:19 PM
If I'm walking, in the car, or at the office I use a phone that no longer has service with my bluetooth headphones. At home a lot I use my Echo Show. The Echo Show syncs with audible book progress, and if using Scribd at home I use the backup phone's bluetooth connection to Echo Show to play via the speakers in the house.

And for those times when on computer, I play through computer speakers streaming while doing other stuff.

« First  « Prev   (26/26)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register