Mobileread
Plugin ideas... add yours here
#1371  DaltonST 05-13-2020, 09:46 AM
Quote beaLollina
Just for checking, do you think I could find and clean some text in bulk from the book titles with a "regular expression" (new term for me), with the s&r? Something it's not too complicated and easy to set? (and not too risky maybe, but I will make some try before checking it in my library, of course, thanks for suggesting it)

See the attached.

DaltonST
js_quality_fixes_tooltips_customizing.jpg 

#1372  beaLollina 05-18-2020, 12:12 PM
The Audit Log plugin features an an Undo capability.

BR
See the attached.

DaltonST
Thanks

#1373  kirk8677 05-23-2020, 01:28 PM
I use Paprika to all of my recipes.... it would be awesome if I could copy an area of a book and have the recipe automatically converted to the YAML format which Paprika understands, to quickly import the recipe!

#1374  kirk8677 05-23-2020, 01:29 PM
I have a large library. I want to with one keystroke, quickly tag books without entering sub menus. Ideally I'd be able to choose from a handful of tags - e.g. one key per tag. As it stands, even using bulk metadata edit, it can take a long time to tag.

#1375  BetterRed 05-23-2020, 07:01 PM
Quote kirk8677
I have a large library. I want to with one keystroke, quickly tag books without entering sub menus. Ideally I'd be able to choose from a handful of tags - e.g. one key per tag. As it stands, even using bulk metadata edit, it can take a long time to tag.
Couple of things that might help:

If you tap Shift+F2 on a Tags cell in the book list, that will pop the Tags editor.

Metadata Edit has Copy and Paste tools, which can have kb shorts (I use Ctrl+c and and Ctrl+v) and the Paste tool works on multiple books.

So you could select say all books in series, use Shift+F2 to edit the Tags on the first book, then copy that books metadata to the other books in the series.

Use the Exclude fields when copy/pasting metadata tweak to exclude things like title, title_sort, series etc from the paste.

BR

#1376  kirk8677 05-24-2020, 03:00 PM
Thanks- it doesn't really solve the problem as I'd like to quickly tag with multiple different possible tags, not simply copy/pasting. (And sorry about the double post, but I would point out the first post was a question and the second one was a plug in suggestion once it became clear that there's no real way to do what I want!)

#1377  BetterRed 05-24-2020, 07:56 PM
@kirk8677 - optional plugins are normally written by someone who has a need for an additional feature. It's up to them if they 'publish' them here, many don't because they consider them too specific and/or they don't want to support them.

In some instances a request can be met by adding a feature to an existing plugin. I can't think of one - but you can browse the plugin index and if you see anything that looks like it might fit.

Tip: if you create a thread or post that relates to another thread include a link to it so that responders and mods get the full picture.

BR

#1378  kirk8677 05-24-2020, 09:22 PM
Thanks BR, I appreciate that. In the meantime, I actually solved my problem with the software "Keyboard Maestro" which, after a little tinkering, basically allowed me to turn the tagging action in to an easy to access keyboard macro. Now I can quickly go through each book and bucket them easily.

#1379  dunhill 05-25-2020, 04:38 PM
Is there a plugin for Scribd ?

#1380  Rellwood 06-03-2020, 02:53 PM
Map two different tags columns between each other.

Plugin would load a selected column and allow the user to choose another column to map those tags to.

Similar to the Goodreads Sync plugin that maps bookshelves to a chosen column, but instead of a static column to map from to a chosen column to map to, both columns are chosen to map.

Also, if possible, the ability to save sets of columns to load into the plugin.

results are

tags - "New Adult & College" maps to #h_tags - "Characters.Age.New Adult"

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (138/140)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register