#351  pchrist7 11-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote GRiker
Some noteworthy enhancements to EPUB/MOBI catalog generation as of 0.7.29:
G
Can't wait to try it out !
Would be sometime Saturday i hope.
And it'll probably end with

#352  msr 11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm getting Memory errors with large libraries (~15,000+ books) when trying to generate either epub or mobi catalogs. The end part of the output is:

<code>
Initial parse failed:
Parsing file 'content/book_15985.html' as HTML
Forcing content/book_15985.html into XHTML namespace
Stripping comments and meta tags from content/book_15985.html
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Property: Unknown Property name. [1:1: mso-fareast-font-family]

[note: this is repeated a lot of times]

Property: Unknown Property name. [1:1: mso-bidi-font-style]
Property: Unknown Property name. [1:1: mso-bidi-font-style]
Exception MemoryError: in <generator object gen at 0x769E43E8> ignored
Exception MemoryError: in <generator object __iter__ at 0x23EC6A58> ignored
Python function terminated unexpectedly
(Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\transforms\flatcss.py" , line 122, in __
call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\stylizer.py", line 191, in __init__
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\util.py", line 738, in
namespaces
MemoryError
</code>

This occurs whether I include tags or exclude all of them. I can create a csv catalog without problems. I've also created smaller catalogs without errors, including up to about 8000 books. I believe I've created subsets with every book in my library, so I don't believe it is a specific book causing the problem, rather simply the large overall number. Any other possibilities or anything I can try to create a single catalog?

#353  GRiker 11-29-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote msr
I'm getting Memory errors with large libraries (~15,000+ books) when trying to generate either epub or mobi catalogs. The end part of the output is:

<code>
Initial parse failed:
Parsing file 'content/book_15985.html' as HTML
</code>
It looks like one of your books has comments formatted in Microsoft Word; perhaps the entire text of the book is in the comments field.

Try this:

#354  GRiker 12-01-2010, 08:22 AM
The method for marking books as read has been enhanced with 0.7.32. The E-book options tab of the Generate catalog dialog for EPUB/MOBI now features a dropdown list of custom columns from which a book's read status may be inferred.

image »

The legacy method of using a tag of + is still supported as the default.

You now have additional options for marking a book as read by referencing custom columns. Eligible custom column types:To create your specification marking books as read, select the custom column (or Tag) from the drop-down list, then type the matching text in the edit field.

Examples:
  1. Tag: The default method using a tag of + marking a book as read still works.
    For those books you wish marked as read in your catalog, add the tag +.
    When you create your catalog, select Tag in the combo box, type + in the text edit field.
  2. Text: Create a custom column of type Text, column shown in the tag browser, with a Lookup name of read, and a Column heading of Read. Exit calibre, restart to apply the custom column changes.
    For those books you wish marked as read in your catalog, add Yes in the Read custom column.
    When you create your catalog, select Read from the combo box, and type Yes in the text field.
  3. Checkmark: Create a custom column of type Yes/No, with a lookup name of read, and a Column heading of Read. Exit calibre, restart to apply the custom column changes.
    For those books you wish marked as read in your catalog, mark the books with a checkmark (or type Y) in the Read custom column.
    When you create your catalog, select Read from the combo box, and type True in the text field.
  4. Date: Create a custom column of type Date, with a lookup name of last_read, and a Column heading of Last Read. Exit calibre, restart to apply the custom column changes.
    For those books you wish marked as read in your catalog, add the date you finished reading the book in the Last Read custom column.
    When you create your catalog, select Last Read from the combo box, and type .* in the text field. This regex pattern recognizes any non-empty field as being read.
  5. Composite: Create a custom column of type Column built from other columns, with a lookup name of read, and a Column heading of Read. The template describes how to infer a read book from another column's contents. For example, using the Last Read column from example #4, the template below marks the Read column with a check mark when it finds anything in #last_read.
    Code
    {#last_read:test(✓,)}
    Exit calibre, restart to apply the custom column changes.
    When you create your catalog, select Read from the combo box, and type .* in the text field. This regex pattern recognizes any non-empty field as being read.

G

#355  Malcolm 12-31-2010, 01:02 PM
@GRiker:
My Catalog creation is no longer being made available in 'Periodical' format for my KDX. I have the profiles set for Kindle DX and the catalog option set for Mobi but I can't seem to get the catalog to show in any way but alpha. I'm running calibre 7.35 on a Win7 PC.

While I only have about 200 ebooks it makes the catalog lookup very tedious in alpha only form. I know I must be doing something wrong but all the posts indicate I'm set as you have told us.

Thanks for your help.

#356  GRiker 12-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote Malcolm
@GRiker:
My Catalog creation is no longer being made available in 'Periodical' format for my KDX. I have the profiles set for Kindle DX and the catalog option set for Mobi but I can't seem to get the catalog to show in any way but alpha. I'm running calibre 7.35 on a Win7 PC.

While I only have about 200 ebooks it makes the catalog lookup very tedious in alpha only form. I know I must be doing something wrong but all the posts indicate I'm set as you have told us.

Thanks for your help.
You will need to create a ticket and attach a debug trace to it.

There's probably a book with a character in the title that's confusing the indexer, but I need to see the debug trace to be certain.

G

#357  Loosheesh 12-31-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered already (I didn't read all the posts ) but I'm wondering if I can include custom metadata in a catalog (CSV format). I created a column named 'Cost' and wanted that output in the Catalog - is it possible? Thanks in advance.

#358  GRiker 12-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote Loosheesh
I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered already (I didn't read all the posts ) but I'm wondering if I can include custom metadata in a catalog (CSV format). I created a column named 'Cost' and wanted that output in the Catalog - is it possible? Thanks in advance.
That feature will be included in the next release (0.7.36)

G

#359  Loosheesh 12-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks GRiker! I'm looking forwarding to the new release then

#360  GRiker 01-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Major enhancements to Catalog generation in 0.7.36:
See the first post in this thread for a current overview of generating catalogs.

G

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (36/42)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register