Mobileread
Is iphone se good for reading and music or go for ipod touch
#11  John F 11-02-2020, 02:08 PM
Quote ilovejedd
If you use a Huawei tablet (Android presumably), you might find yourself frustrated with the limitations of iOS.

iPhones and iPods work really well if you're just streaming or are all-in Apple's ecosystem (Apple Music, iTunes, iCloud, etc). It can be frustrating if, for example, you need to download MP3s from other sources.

$20-50 Android smartphones (e.g. Moto E or Galaxy J series prepaid kits) tend to have bigger battery (ergo longer battery life) than iPhones. They also allow for cheap and easy storage expansion via microSD card.
I don't buy any music from Apple, and I don't find it very limiting. I have an iPhone and either buy MP3s from Amazon or rip CDs. I do use a PC and iTunes.

And if the OP is looking for an MP3 player for iOS, take a look at Denon's app.

#12  ilovejedd 11-02-2020, 03:58 PM
Quote John F
I don't buy any music from Apple, and I don't find it very limiting. I have an iPhone and either buy MP3s from Amazon or rip CDs. I do use a PC and iTunes.

And if the OP is looking for an MP3 player for iOS, take a look at Denon's app.
PC + iTunes or a Mac is pretty much a necessity for sideloaded MP3s on iOS devices.

I've seen a ton of complaints from pro-Android users regarding the "Apple way" on the MacRumors iPhone forums. Dunno if they're just trolling or not but figured the OP should be aware of the differences coming from Android.

#13  JSWolf 11-02-2020, 05:46 PM
@ant_gamal are you looking for something from Apple or something that sounds much better? If you want better sound, go with Fiio. They make some very nice music players that sound better then Apple iPhones/iPods.

#14  tomsem 11-02-2020, 06:18 PM
Quote ilovejedd
PC + iTunes or a Mac is pretty much a necessity for sideloaded MP3s on iOS devices.

I've seen a ton of complaints from pro-Android users regarding the "Apple way" on the MacRumors iPhone forums. Dunno if they're just trolling or not but figured the OP should be aware of the differences coming from Android.
I don’t think that is accurate. There are many iOS audio player apps that can download from the various cloud services and play them. And the Files app lets you include network mounts etc. that you could connect to to get files to the receiving app (assuming it exposes its storage folder). This seems pretty flexible to me but I don’t claim to know how it compares with Android these days.

#15  ilovejedd 11-02-2020, 08:44 PM
Quote tomsem
I don’t think that is accurate. There are many iOS audio player apps that can download from the various cloud services and play them. And the Files app lets you include network mounts etc. that you could connect to to get files to the receiving app (assuming it exposes its storage folder). This seems pretty flexible to me but I don’t claim to know how it compares with Android these days.
That's the rub, though. You'll need a 3rd party music player if you don't go the iTunes route. I don't know if behavior has changed now that Safari has a download manager but before, you couldn't download MP3s direct from browser, either.

Personally, I'm quite content with iOS and use Plex and Infuse for DRM-free media. However, there are plenty others who are frustrated because iOS handles things differently from Android.

#16  tomsem 11-03-2020, 02:11 AM
Well, it definitely changed since Files app appeared and you can download anything with your choice of browsers. I don’t see any rubs myself, and I don’t miss Android at all.

#17  kyteflyer 11-03-2020, 05:57 PM
I use both my SE iphones for reading. The smaller screen is for when I am lying down in bed at night. One hand, on my side, easier for me than the larger phone. The other is for any other time. Eventually I’ll move to a 12 of some kind (but NOT the max) or whatever comes next... but the older SE will always be my choice for laying down in bed and reading. I just find it easier to manage.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register