Mobileread
ReLaunchX - file manager and launcher for e-Ink
#11  plusz 03-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Quote Pajamaman
What did you do to it?
1. First, pure import of the sources shared on the forum as a zip package. You can see in the app changelog xml file which is displayed on the welcome screen that there was many revisions between 1.3.8 and 1.4.4 but all was done outside of github so on my github repo it looks like the sources changed all at one time.
2. Upgrade the project structure to latest AndroidStudio to compile and test the app.

On the Relaunch_1.4.4 branch I did not applied any customisation from my side, not even changed the name.

I have tested it and I'm not impressed at all by the newest version. There are some minor glitches in the app. I have also objections to the code quality so I not plan to merge it to mainstream. I will pick up few changes which are real improvements from that code in my next main version of ReLaunchX.

#12  Dopedangel 03-17-2017, 03:27 AM
Quote plusz
1. First, pure import of the sources shared on the forum as a zip package. You can see in the app changelog xml file which is displayed on the welcome screen that there was many revisions between 1.3.8 and 1.4.4 but all was done outside of github so on my github repo it looks like the sources changed all at one time.
2. Upgrade the project structure to latest AndroidStudio to compile and test the app.

On the Relaunch_1.4.4 branch I did not applied any customisation from my side, not even changed the name.

I have tested it and I'm not impressed at all by the newest version. There are some minor glitches in the app. I have also objections to the code quality so I not plan to merge it to mainstream. I will pick up few changes which are real improvements from that code in my next main version of ReLaunchX.
Are you planning to release it on google play?

#13  plusz 03-18-2017, 07:56 AM
Quote Dopedangel
Are you planning to release it on google play?
I never thought about it. I have found the app on F-droid and I would like to add to F-droid an up to date version fully supporting Onyx Boox Max. I have not released any android app on google play yet. I am professional software developer but I don't live from developing mobile apps. It is just because I have found this app very helpful for me I posted about it. Now It is actually a fun for me to tinker with the code to improve the app quality (to fix any minor glitch), add platform (Onyx Boox Max) specific code and some useful stuff in the future. Here comes the hint, don't expect rapid changes, I may devote something around 10h a week for this fun activity. The code of the app started as open source GPLv2 so sharing the current source is essential.

Well, I understand your point. Most people never touch any software code, they just wish to have the app installed and google play seems to be a safe place to get any app from. I may opt to be kind enough to go through the procedure to setup google play account and submit the app but I have to learn how to do it which means I will need to devote the time for it. When I will think about official release my first preference will be F-droid. Everyone will be able to install the app directly from there by just downloading the apk file, like the old one https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=com.harasoft.relaunch

If anyone is interested I may do just a few clicks to share the current apk through any cloud, dropbox for example, as a temporary means of sharing the 'release'.

Better yet, I would recommend to install the AndroidStudio, download the code and build/install it yourself. I am very very impressed how easy it became to build android app with AndroidStudio. Few years ago I developed an android app and the procedure was much more complicated, one had to download several tools and learn how to execute them in order. Now it is just as easy as open the project in AndroidStudio and click build

#14  plusz 03-19-2017, 12:51 PM
I have finished a round of bugfixing. Made version 1.1.0.
New features:
- File Manager option to show a line with file details
show attachment »
show attachment »
- Nice sorting options
show attachment »

If you would like to try, go to github and get the code, alternatively I attached the apk
show attachment »

#15  underscore 03-21-2017, 11:15 AM
will it run / be useful on 8 or 9.7 inched android ebook readers ?

#16  Pajamaman 03-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Or a 6-6.8" screen (Nook St and Onyx T68, respectively)?

#17  plusz 03-21-2017, 04:30 PM
"Will it work on this or that..." could you try it and let us know? Nook ST was the first supported device by ReLaunch and my continuation did not break it so far.

I made the screenshots from my 5" phone as it was easier to do than on the reader. The app run just fine on the phone as well.

#18  ericooo 03-22-2017, 04:18 AM
Working well on my N96 CML (9.7" capacitive with front Light)
Great job.
(I had classic relaunch 1.43 installed also)

#19  underscore 03-22-2017, 05:51 AM
Plusz,
thank you for your work, i can tell you that seems to work also on onyx i86.
The question had is own reason, before launching an apk

- without a simple web site with instructions describing the features.
- not coming from a validating store
- with low interaction with the os (launcher) and/or needing root permission for some functions
- started on a device i never used (nook)
- adapted to a device with a huge screen.

What if that thing opened a screen bigger than my resolution and installed in place of the default launcher leaving me no alternative than a factory reset.
You can admit that was a possibility as well.

#20  plusz 03-22-2017, 05:52 PM
Quote underscore
Plusz,
thank you for your work, i can tell you that seems to work also on onyx i86.
The question had is own reason, before launching an apk

- without a simple web site with instructions describing the features.
- not coming from a validating store
- with low interaction with the os (launcher) and/or needing root permission for some functions
- started on a device i never used (nook)
- adapted to a device with a huge screen.

What if that thing opened a screen bigger than my resolution and installed in place of the default launcher leaving me no alternative than a factory reset.
You can admit that was a possibility as well.
Perfectly understood but I did not had a better answer for the question since as I mentioned in the beginning of this thread I have only Onyx Boox Max. Well, I have also Kobo and PocketBook but both based on non-Android firmware.

I did not tested at all the features requiring root. I don't root my devices as I don't see a reason for that.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/22)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register