Mobileread
Error starting calibre
#1  Terisa de morgan 09-26-2020, 01:25 PM
When I start calibre, the debug log shows this

Spoiler Warning below

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ConfigParser'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\recipes\collection.py", line 120, in get_custom_recipe_collection
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\recipes\__init__.py", line 53, in compile_recipe
File "<string>", line 12, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'urllib2'

I can access the recipes I remember, but I don't know if there is any problem at some point.

#2  kovidgoyal 09-26-2020, 01:49 PM
You have a custom recipe that is using the urllib2 module. You should either remove it or port it.

#3  Terisa de morgan 09-26-2020, 01:56 PM
Thank you, first I have to find it... in calibre 4

#4  Terisa de morgan 09-26-2020, 02:21 PM
How do I remove the recipe in calibre 5 if I cannot see it?

#5  JSWolf 09-26-2020, 03:01 PM
Quote Terisa de morgan
Install 4.23 portable and have it remove the recipe from the settings.

#6  jackie_w 09-26-2020, 03:17 PM
Quote Terisa de morgan
I haven't used the News feature at all since 2011 but I do have some old .recipe files in calibre_config_dir/custom_recipes/*.recipe

I may be over-simplifying but, can't you use your filesystem's search feature to look for 'urllib2' in file contents?

#7  Terisa de morgan 09-26-2020, 05:09 PM
Quote jackie_w
I haven't used the News feature at all since 2011 but I do have some old .recipe files in calibre_config_dir/custom_recipes/*.recipe

I may be over-simplifying but, can't you use your filesystem's search feature to look for 'urllib2' in file contents?
Thank you, I've already found the recipe knowing the directory. I'll edit it (python-modernize) and that's all.

#8  Terisa de morgan 09-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Quote JSWolf
Install 4.23 portable and have it remove the recipe from the settings.
Thank you, I had thought about that workaround, but I was thinking about something more "generic".

#9  kovidgoyal 09-26-2020, 08:55 PM
Quote Terisa de morgan
Thank you, first I have to find it... in calibre 4
It will be in your calibre config folder, look for .recipe files. Or just ignore the error, it's harmless and wont affect your calibre usage in any way.

#10  Terisa de morgan 09-27-2020, 02:54 AM
Quote kovidgoyal
It will be in your calibre config folder, look for .recipe files. Or just ignore the error, it's harmless and wont affect your calibre usage in any way.
Thank you, I've already found it... and when you're debugging for adapting your plugins to python 3... to have to ignore the error all the time is an annoyance.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register