Mobileread
I'll Ask Again
#1  Rellwood 09-24-2020, 09:08 PM
Is there a reason why I am not able to match my books on my device with the books in my library?

Same books, same formats same titles.

#2  Tarana 09-24-2020, 11:28 PM
Not sure how to help you. On one of my ereaders, I've downloaded all 1,750 books in my Amazon library and they are all there, matching what is in the cloud (including the docs). Check your filters.

#3  pdurrant 09-25-2020, 03:09 AM
Quote Rellwood
Is there a reason why I am not able to match my books on my device with the books in my library?

Same books, same formats same titles.
Were they transferred to your ebook reader from calibre, or vice-versa? Or were they downloaded directly to the ebook reader, and arrived in calibre through a different route?

#4  Rellwood 09-26-2020, 08:23 PM
they were downloaded from Amazon onto my reader. I either bought them from Amazon or emailed them to myself. I haven't connected my reader to Calibre for a while, but it doesn't matter now because I found a decent work around. I am also reinstalling Calibre to see if that fixes other problems.

Thanks though.

#5  pdurrant 09-27-2020, 03:33 AM
So separately downloaded to calibre and your ebook reader.

If you need to solve this problem in future, I suggest concentrating on just one book to see what differences there are. I suspect different formats downloaded to the reader and in calibre.

#6  Rellwood 09-28-2020, 10:12 PM
Quote pdurrant
So separately downloaded to calibre and your ebook reader.

If you need to solve this problem in future, I suggest concentrating on just one book to see what differences there are. I suspect different formats downloaded to the reader and in calibre.
Amazon books downloaded into my library from Kindle for PC app all show up as KF8 (AZW3) but the same books delivered by Amazon to my device are in the KFX format. I can't import them into Calibre from the device.

I have configured it for Calibre though, and the other books I have emailed to myself are linked fine.

The problem seems to be that the books in the device purchased from Amazon are not showing up no matter how I type in the title/author as matches to anything in my library.

In the case of one book, I confirmed that the title is spelled exactly the same. I shortened out the series. So all I was trying to match was the title.

The title didn't show when I searched that. Then I searched by Author. All the books by that author showed up EXCEPT the one I was looking for.

Weird.

#7  GeorgK 09-29-2020, 03:41 AM
Quote Rellwood
Amazon books downloaded into my library from Kindle for PC app all show up as KF8 (AZW3) but the same books delivered by Amazon to my device are in the KFX format. I can't import them into Calibre from the device....
Obiously the azw3 Files are the output of the DeDRM Plugin. At least this is what my PC does...

#8  davidfor 09-29-2020, 03:44 AM
Quote Rellwood
Amazon books downloaded into my library from Kindle for PC app all show up as KF8 (AZW3) but the same books delivered by Amazon to my device are in the KFX format. I can't import them into Calibre from the device.

I have configured it for Calibre though, and the other books I have emailed to myself are linked fine.

The problem seems to be that the books in the device purchased from Amazon are not showing up no matter how I type in the title/author as matches to anything in my library.

In the case of one book, I confirmed that the title is spelled exactly the same. I shortened out the series. So all I was trying to match was the title.

The title didn't show when I searched that. Then I searched by Author. All the books by that author showed up EXCEPT the one I was looking for.
Are these book showing in the device list? If they are, does the author and title match what you have in the calibre library? If they don't, you either need to update the library to match what is on the device, or do the manual matching. Once you do that, and save the changes, it should match automatically the next time you connect the device. Or is this what is not working?

#9  pdurrant 09-29-2020, 06:13 AM
What version of calibre? I'm not sure when/if recognition of KFX format was added.

#10  Rellwood 09-30-2020, 07:01 PM
Quote davidfor
Are these book showing in the device list? If they are, does the author and title match what you have in the calibre library? If they don't, you either need to update the library to match what is on the device, or do the manual matching. Once you do that, and save the changes, it should match automatically the next time you connect the device. Or is this what is not working?
Well, none of the books that Amazon downloads into the device will match up with the books in my library word by word

Title of the Book Amazon Delivers to Device (Series of This Book, Book 1)

Title of the Book in Calibre Series of this book 1

As you can see, any book with a series isn't going to match.

Also, this is new. I never had this problem before.

Also, the manual matching is where I am having the problem. Manual matching isn't showing the book I want.

I can type in EXACT name and author, and I will get other books, but not the book I want.

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register