Mobileread
Libra - connecting to PC -- There Was A Problem With This Drive ???
#1  jgbout 02-26-2021, 06:44 PM
So, after the new Libra not liking the power adaptor i used with the Glo, and working with the samsung of same ratings...

Now this....

I plugged the Libra into the PC using the USB cord.

I get the Connect message on the Libra.
I click connect.
Libra shows Connected & Charging
PC displays message : There was a Problem (or error, can't remember) with this Drive.

It asks If I want to Scan & Fix.

I don't know what to do now.
I just wanted to drag&drop a pdf on.

#2  jgbout 02-26-2021, 07:04 PM
Ok, it still let me go into the drive and drop a PDF, and it worked.

Afterwards, I plugged into the PC again, same message, so I let it scan. Found errors on the Kobo Drive, allowed it to fix it. It reported done, no errors found. Now I can plug and unplug (eject first) and no error message.....

Weird

#3  Elektron 02-27-2021, 12:04 AM
This is normal.

#4  DNSB 02-27-2021, 04:29 PM
Quote jgbout
Ok, it still let me go into the drive and drop a PDF, and it worked.

Afterwards, I plugged into the PC again, same message, so I let it scan. Found errors on the Kobo Drive, allowed it to fix it. It reported done, no errors found. Now I can plug and unplug (eject first) and no error message.....

Weird
On the drive, there a dirty bit which says the device was not properly ejected. The scan among other things will reset that dirty bit. I haven't seem it in a while but I seem to remember that on a restart, the disk will be scanned and the dirty bit reset if you are using firmware newer than 4.22.15190 where Kobo updated the version of dosfsck being used.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register