Mobileread
Libra Won't Stay OFF ??
#1  jgbout 02-26-2021, 05:58 PM
Just bought the Libra.
Got home, plugged it in to charge (to the wall).
Turned it on just to check the screen.
Turned it off without setting it up.
It POWERS OFF.
About 5 seconds later the power light starts flashing and it turns back on to the welcome page with full light.

If I try to turn off... does the same thing.????

#2  jgbout 02-26-2021, 06:15 PM
Ok, it goes to sleep and stays asleep AS LONG AS it's not plugged in to the wall power.
I can power it off as long as it is NOT plugged into the wall power.

IF I PLUG IN THE POWER the Message Flashes on the screen about Connected to a Computer. It Flashes the Message On and Off Rapidly so you can't do anything...

What's happening? Is it defective out of the box?

#3  jgbout 02-26-2021, 06:17 PM
I'm using the same USB Power Adaptor I used for the Kobo Glo... 1A

#4  jgbout 02-26-2021, 06:19 PM
Even when powered off.... as soon as I plug in the power adaptor, it turns on and starts alternating the Screen between Computer Detected, and the Home Screen.

I must be able to plug this in.

#5  jgbout 02-26-2021, 06:32 PM
Don't know the difference but I tried a Samsung USB Power Adaptor with the same ratings, .15A input, 1A output, and it works normal ???

#6  jgbout 02-26-2021, 07:06 PM
So, as long as I use the Samsung Wall adaptor, power seems normal.

#7  davidfor 02-26-2021, 08:44 PM
Here is what happens when you plug a Kobo device into power:

Anything else is a problem. The charger that caused the device to flicker between connecting and not, would be assigned to the "roundfile". With prejudice. Though I would check the cable just in case that was the problem.

#8  jgbout 02-26-2021, 09:00 PM
Thanks.
I'm afraid to adjust anything now that it's working, haha.
This samsung wall charger does not cause the Connect to Pc to come on or anything to flicker. It just does whatever I do with the power button.

The other charger, when plugged in, did not even cause the charge light to come on on the back border. The samsung does. And after I got it turned off while plugged in, shortly after it would just start up again.

For some reason, the Libra just did not like that first wall charger....

#9  Elektron 02-27-2021, 12:03 AM
Was it a fast charger? Avoid those.

#10  davidfor 02-27-2021, 12:42 AM
Quote Elektron
Was it a fast charger? Avoid those.
There isn't any reason to do that. The device will take as much current as it can. It isn't going to be able to take it fast enough to cause a problem.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register