Mobileread
NickelMenu: An integrated launcher for Kobo eReaders
#471  gogu1904 02-06-2021, 10:28 AM
Hello,

Just a thought. Is it possible to have a NM menu option to do the KOReader update in one shot? I.E. start KOReader, do the update (incl open wifi), do the KOReader restart to end the update, then exit KOReader. Ultimately, I believe that a cloned starting script including all the goodies can be done. Of course, it is not a big thing. Before starting to play with this, are there any thoughts about difficulties on the way, or thoughts why this might be a bad idea?

Thank you!

#472  NiLuJe 02-06-2021, 11:32 AM
@gogu1904: You'll have to reinvent the wheel, because KOReader's OTAManager is tied into the KOReader UI.

So, basically, hardcode a mirror, hardcode a path to the latest zsync file you care about, download it, parse it to get the filename of the latest tarball, download said tarball, unpack said tarball, then classic handoff to the startup script.

TL;DR: Feasible, but, err, why? .

#473  Ceiyne 02-15-2021, 08:13 AM
Is there a way that I could set up a nickel_browser call to deal with this (minor) issue I'm having?

I currently have a search_selection menu item that uses nickel_browser to open an online dictionary URL. Everything works fine and the page opens correctly, showing the entries for the text I had selected.

The minor issue is: The page's "search" text box is focused automatically when the page opens, so since text entry is expected, the Kobo onscreen keyboard pops up. This covers half the screen, so every time I use this search I need to manually close the keyboard to view the results.

I know NickelMenu lets you use css to style the page, but as far as I know, there's no way to change the focused field using only css. Is there any other way I could avoid having the keyboard pop up?

I didn't try it, but I thought that hiding the search text field on the page with css might do the trick (because if the field isn't there, it shouldn't be able to receive focus, and the keyboard shouldn't pop up). Even if I'm able to do that, and it works, it's not an ideal solution because sometimes I will need to use that field to enter a new word to search for.

In case it helps, here's an example of the page I'm using. The encoded bit at the end is where I have the search parameter in my NickelMenu config.

https://jisho.org/search/%E9%A3%9F%E3%81%B9%E3%82%8B

#474  geek1011 02-15-2021, 09:22 AM
Quote Ceiyne
I didn't try it, but I thought that hiding the search text field on the page with css might do the trick (because if the field isn't there, it shouldn't be able to receive focus, and the keyboard shouldn't pop up). Even if I'm able to do that, and it works, it's not an ideal solution because sometimes I will need to use that field to enter a new word to search for.
Try hiding it, then using a CSS animation to show it later. That might work if the focus is done using JavaScript.

#475  Ceiyne 02-15-2021, 09:18 PM
Quote geek1011
Try hiding it, then using a CSS animation to show it later. That might work if the focus is done using JavaScript.
That's a good idea, thanks.

#476  criscros 04-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Quick question about the experimental option to replace the icon. I'm getting this error.

parse config files:file /mnt/onboard/.adds/nm/icon.png: line 1 field 1: unknown type '?PNG' (src/config.c:327)(src/config.c:936)

The icon.png is in the right folder, but is there maybe a size limit or should it be an .ico?

Thanks!

Also, what is the difference between the icon and icon_active?

#477  criscros 04-01-2021, 07:21 PM
Quote criscros
Quick question about the experimental option to replace the icon. I'm getting this error.

parse config files:file /mnt/onboard/.adds/nm/icon.png: line 1 field 1: unknown type '?PNG' (src/config.c:327)(src/config.c:936)

The icon.png is in the right folder, but is there maybe a size limit or should it be an .ico?

Thanks!

Also, what is the difference between the icon and icon_active?
Oops, sorry, just saw Semwize's post that it had to go in the icon folder.
Working now!

« First  « Prev   (48/48)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register