Mobileread
Takuzu (Binary Sudoku) for Kobo devices!
#1  WabbitSeason 10-16-2013, 06:42 PM
How to install
  1. Make sure you have KoboLauncher installed
  2. Download show attachment » and extract its contents to the .kobo/KoboLauncher folder on your device
  3. Add the following line to kobo_launcher.ini:
    Code
    Takuzu = takuzu.sh
  4. You should now be able to start Takuzu from your launcher menu !
Screenshots

show attachment »show attachment »show attachment »

Explanation
After experiencing Sudoku on my Kobo Glo, I craved for more puzzle goodness. So I decided to program some myself . Takuzu has been one of my favorite Sudoku alternatives for a while, and now I've managed to bring it to Kobo devices! Enjoy unlimited puzzles in seven levels of difficulty and play on 10x10 or 12x12 grids. Tested and works on the Kobo Glo, Touch and Mini. It should work on the Aura as well; if you own one, please let me know if it does!

All feedback and suggestions are welcome! This is the first alpha version, with the following changelog:
Spoiler Warning below

First alpha version
For those interested in how I programmed this and/or wanting to compile it for themselves, the source can be downloaded as well: show attachment ». Patches welcome; in particular I'm not happy about the DRYness of the checkSolution() method. C++ wizards more than welcome to step in .

#2  sergeyvl12 10-17-2013, 03:43 PM
WabbitSeason, Thanks!

I'll try it out tomorrow!

#3  WabbitSeason 10-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Cool! On second thought, please don't send any patches yet. I've been rehauling the code a lot today, and got halfway implementing loading puzzles from files, so any patch will probably cause me more work than it'll save . Still, I'd very much like to hear if the posted version works on devices other than the Glo!

#4  WabbitSeason 10-21-2013, 08:27 AM
New version released! Go get it in the first post! And note that patches are welcome again .

Changelog:
@sergeyvl12: did you manage to test the program? Did it run on the Touch?

#5  sergeyvl12 10-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote WabbitSeason
New version released! Go get it in the first post! And note that patches are welcome again .

Changelog:
@sergeyvl12: did you manage to test the program? Did it run on the Touch?
Thanks! Started and works with my touch.

I'll play with it a few days ...

#6  Mike76 10-21-2013, 09:34 AM
It works fine on Kobo Mini (fw 2.6.2). Thanks!

#7  WabbitSeason 10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the test results! I've updated the first post to include them .

#8  tikky 01-19-2021, 05:47 PM
This Thread ist very old, but I found your game yesterday and I want to thank you for sharing it! Takuzu works perfectly on the Kobo H2O and I like it very much!

#9  WabbitSeason 02-27-2021, 04:34 AM
Quote tikky
This Thread ist very old, but I found your game yesterday and I want to thank you for sharing it! Takuzu works perfectly on the Kobo H2O and I like it very much!
Hey, thanks! That was a nice surprise to get in my inbox

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register