Mobileread
Translating Sigil
#11  PeterT 11-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Sigil does not do translation of a book; what IS being discussed here is people supplying the required data to translate the user interface of Sigil to other languages; NOT to translate the content of books.

#12  Heathside Boy 11-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote PeterT
Sigil does not do translation of a book; what IS being discussed here is people supplying the required data to translate the user interface of Sigil to other languages; NOT to translate the content of books.
Okay, thanks Peter.

Where can I download Sigil?

Regarding my other question, can you put parts of a book separately within it so it is used as an editor?

Thanks

HB

#13  theducks 11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Quote Heathside Boy
Okay, thanks Peter.

Where can I download Sigil?
http://code.google.com/p/sigil/
Regarding my other question, can you put parts of a book separately within it so it is used as an editor?

Thanks

HB
Sigil works on the complete book ( a EPUB has many required and optional parts in addition to the text). NCX, OPF, Stylesheet, Images, Fonts and the body + others, you can't change in Sigil)

You can add or remove sections , images and fonts in a book, but you are working on THE BOOK in Sigil.

#14  sbataillon 11-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi,
I've just finished a Sigil's french translation. It's here :
https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/sigil/resource/sigil/

And my website :
[Promotional link removed - MODERATOR]

Have a good day

Sbataillon

#15  pietvo 11-14-2011, 10:31 AM
I am willing to look into the Dutch translation.

#16  Bertrand 11-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote sbataillon
Hi,
I've just finished a Sigil's french translation. It's here :
https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/sigil/resource/sigil/
Bravo pour ce travail.
En jetant un coup d'oeil rapide, il y a une inversion ici :
Align &Left -> Aligner à &Droite
Align &Right ->Aligner à &Gauche

Il manque des articles à certains endroits :
Add Blank Section -> Ajouter section vierge -> Ajouter une section vierge
Add Blank Stylesheet -> Ajouter une feuille de style vierge
Add Existing Files... ->Ajouter des fichiers...

Il ne devrait pas y avoir de majuscules en français sur certains termes :
Corriger &Automatiquement, Corriger &Manuellement, Aligner à &Droite, etc

Faisant moi-même des traductions de logiciels, je sais le boulot que ça représente. Bravo encore, ça fera plaisir à la communauté.

#17  Toxaris 01-04-2012, 02:35 AM
I wanted to do the translation using transifex, but I am not able to. I cannot use the online tool, probably because I am not a member.

*Update* I requested a new translation team. Apparently that is the method. I will be working on Dutch (not that I will use it myself though).

#18  user_none 01-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote Toxaris
I wanted to do the translation using transifex, but I am not able to. I cannot use the online tool, probably because I am not a member.

*Update* I requested a new translation team. Apparently that is the method. I will be working on Dutch (not that I will use it myself though).
Membership is moderated and has to be approved before you can start working on a translation. If the language doesn't exist then you request a new team. If it does you request to be a member of that team.

#19  Toxaris 01-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Dutch translation almost finished. I struggled with some word (of course) for which there is no real equivalent in Dutch.
On another note, how to handle the text strings for shortcuts? Currently I have not translated them (so Ctrl+X remains the same).
Also, some text string has an & in them. From my programming days I remember that these are menu shortcuts. In the programming environments I used, these were automatically assigned to where the & located. However, of course you can have only one active for the same letter on the screen. At the moment I cannot really determine which ones are active on the screen on the same time. Can I test-drive the language file to see if I have to relocate some of my &'s?

*Update* Something strange. I have two untranslated strings left, but I cannot view them to translate. I only have selected the option 'Untranslated', but there are no matching records.

#20  Jellby 01-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote Toxaris
*Update* Something strange. I have two untranslated strings left, but I cannot view them to translate. I only have selected the option 'Untranslated', but there are no matching records.
They are two plural forms, which apparently Transifex can't handle. You have to download the file and fill them manually, then upload the modified file. Download the file for another language that has 100%, so you can see the correct format.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/14)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register