How can i delete my account?
#1  aritzilla 05-04-2020, 06:25 PM
Hello,
i want to delete my account.
How can i do it?
thanks.
regards

#2  issybird 05-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Your account can be retired if you’d like, but not deleted. Confirm that you’d like it retired in this thread, and it will be taken care of.

#3  Calenorn 05-04-2020, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the Hotel California.

#4  aritzilla 05-05-2020, 01:39 PM
Quote issybird
Your account can be retired if you’d like, but not deleted. Confirm that you’d like it retired in this thread, and it will be taken care of.
Ok, thanks, i want to retire my account.

regards

#5  PenguinCEO 05-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Quote issybird
What is the difference?

#6  issybird 05-05-2020, 06:30 PM
Quote PenguinCEO
What is the difference?
A retired account is still visible and the posts pertaining to it remain.

#7  JSWolf 05-05-2020, 06:32 PM
Quote issybird
A retired account is still visible and the posts pertaining to it remain.
How do you un-retire an account without creating another account and asking for it to be un-retired?

#8  issybird 05-05-2020, 07:01 PM
Quote JSWolf
How do you un-retire an account without creating another account and asking for it to be un-retired?
Why would you want to? The point of retiring an account is that you’re moving on. It can also be a kindness to one’s particular cronies, as it shows you didn’t just drop out or, worse, something didn’t happen to cause you to stop posting.

#9  JSWolf 05-07-2020, 06:26 AM
Quote issybird
Why would you want to? The point of retiring an account is that you’re moving on. It can also be a kindness to one’s particular cronies, as it shows you didn’t just drop out or, worse, something didn’t happen to cause you to stop posting.
What if you change your mind and want back without using a different account?

#10  issybird 05-07-2020, 08:12 AM
Quote JSWolf
What if you change your mind and want back without using a different account?
Well, then, you could always do as you suggested; create a dummy account to request being unretired. Certainly that would be better than starting fresh; I think you need to own your history. I’m segueing into personal opinion here; don’t take this as policy.

However, I’ll add that I give people credit for knowing their own minds and if they decide to leave MR, then that’s their call. We’re not a nanny state that thinks we know better than the members do and that they need a fallback if they change their minds.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register