Mobileread
Kindle Fire Phone - Hands On Review
#821  tubemonkey 10-24-2017, 07:05 PM
Quote Barbara1955
UPDATE: Took the 2nd to a Pro he too Broke it Still had nerve to charge me! Anyway got help in the What should I buy threads. Got a Samsung Galaxy S5.....
I hope you didn't pay him.

#822  Blossom 05-21-2018, 03:16 PM
My Fire phone has been overheating within minutes of using for the last two months. After trying numerous things even a factory reset. It still got really warm while in use like reading or just having the screen on. I finally had the inkling to take out the SIM card and that seems to have fixed it.

So if your FP is gets really hot and you got a SIM card still in and don't have current cellular service, try removing it.

Sent from my XT1528

#823  Blossom 12-11-2018, 10:51 PM
Well it looks like my fire phone might be on its way out. It's been the best little media player. I'm gonna miss it. The battery Percentage is jumping all over and it's died a few times at 0% but when plugged in says it has 50% or more left.

I need to find a replacement and put it on my wishlist. I only paid $199 for it, well really $99 because it came with a free year of Prime.

What have you replaced your Fire Phone with?

#824  Blossom 12-12-2018, 12:25 AM
I went back and looked and I got this on 12-10-2014 How freaky on it's 4th birthday to the exact day I activated it, it's started working incorrectly. I ran it down to 0% or tried to when I put it on charger it told me there was 53% left. I don't know which one to believe.

#825  Blossom 12-12-2018, 04:49 AM
Okay it's now stuck on 100% My phone thinks it's the energizer bunny!

Tried Factory Reset, Clear Partition cache and charging. I'm out of ideas. Oh and the Kindle app has disappeared from App list in settings. I notice I got alot of component updates past couple days and that's when it all started. I'm wondering why Amazon can't leave things alone. It's an old phone it doesn't need new stuff.

Okay no longer stuck. Now waiting to see if I can run it to real 0% it started acting more normal after I blocked all content but apps and photo. I'm wondering if new components and my very large cloud library of books and music are causing the sync to go haywire on such an old device.

I'll report back later.

#826  Blossom 12-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Now it's at 53% again instead of 0% there no way to run it down to charge it. I think it's a lost cause.

I'm looking at the Moto G6 in case a relative ask me if I want anything for Christmas.

What I need is a phone with 300+ PPI, 32GB preferably storage but settle for 16GB, and a good camera of at least 13MP with flash. All in the $200 or below price range.

The screen is a biggie it must be a joy to read on and easy on the hand to hold. I have small hands.

I want to put it on my Christmas list. Sadly when I say just give me money they won't. Not even a gift card it must be an item.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

#827  Nanny 12-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Blossom - My Fire Phone is on the way out as well. I can't download Audible books on it any more & after the last factory reset I had to do (to get the thing to hold a charge) the Yahoo mail app disappeared.

I got a LG Fiesta 2 to replace it & I really like it. It's locked into Simple Mobile, but I'm not actually using it as a phone so that's not an issue for me. It doesn't meet all your requirements though (only 267 ppi) but I only paid $30 for it. https://www.mobitabspecs.com/products/lg-fiesta-2-lte/

#828  Barbara1955 12-12-2018, 05:21 PM
I replaced mine with a Samsung J3 Prime. When I got it from the Local T-Mobile store I paid $100 for 1000 min phone was FREE mins good for a year. Legacy plan so you have to ask what deals they have for you IF you don't already have T-Mobile. Also got one for my son he loves it!!

This one thru Amazon is Unlocked for Any Carrier:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Unlocked-Display-Express-Smartphone/dp/B078KN66TJ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1544652997&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+j3+prime+phone

#829  Blossom 12-13-2018, 03:49 AM
Quote Barbara1955
I replaced mine with a Samsung J3 Prime. When I got it from the Local T-Mobile store I paid $100 for 1000 min phone was FREE mins good for a year. Legacy plan so you have to ask what deals they have for you IF you don't already have T-Mobile. Also got one for my son he loves it!!

This one thru Amazon is Unlocked for Any Carrier:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Unlocked-Display-Express-Smartphone/dp/B078KN66TJ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1544652997&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+j3+prime+phone
Nice phone. I don't think it would work for me because it's a TFT screen though. They are hard on the eyes for reading. I'm looking for IPS or better. I really like what I see in the Moto G6 just wish it was cheaper. lol Asking for $200 device might be a bit bold. Last year I got a Kindle Fire HD 8. It's an okay tablet. Battery life could be better. I use it for Youtube mainly. It's too big to hold.

#830  Blossom 12-23-2018, 03:32 AM
Just an update. I rooted the Fire Phone, ran the Battery Calibration app and then turn it off for a week till it was dead. I then charged it to full, it seemed to be working, I then unrooted because the app was annoying and ran the battery to 0%, charge again. So far it seems to be running fine and fixed. Keep in mind I have all Amazon content blocked and I'm Sideloading my apps. I was running the music app, the original one when the problem started. I suspect my library is too large and causes a bug. Seeing it's 32GB I can sideload what I want and use it that way.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (83/84)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register