Mobileread
Best Firmware version on Kobo Touch?
#11  davidfor 06-12-2019, 04:24 AM
Firmware 3.19.5761 will work on a Touch and allow connecting the the net. And it is a good choice if you don't want to use the later firmware. Which usually means you don't want the current home page. But, as later firmware has been released for the Touch, the device will want to update whenever you do a sync or connect to the Kobo desktop application. If you are sideloading only, there is no reason not to use it.

#12  chronoreverse 06-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Quote davidfor
At doing what? I can guarantee that collections are slower on 3.19.5761, but, I'd have said the current release has caught up to it on everything else. And I'd have tended to say that page turning was faster.
I don't use collections so I didn't know about that. I meant general UI latency as well as page flips.

#13  teija 06-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Quote davidfor
Firmware 3.19.5761 will work on a Touch and allow connecting the the net.
I wasn't sure how to connect it to a computer (or Wifi) and NOT have it automatically update to the latest firmware, so I just let it do what it was going to do.

But I must say, I am VERY impressed so far with how zippy this old Touch is on the latest firmware! That is of course because I haven't started putting anything on it, just a couple of eBook files to check it so far.

Thanks again everyone! It has been an informative discussion

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register