Mobileread
Are you an e-book Pirate?
#1  Alexander Turcic 04-04-2003, 04:47 AM
Today I came across an interesting Geek.com article which links to an even more interesting Writeonyourpalm.net article.

One thing that caught my eye was the following quote:
Although I love, and actually prefer, to read eBooks on my CLIÉ or iPAQ, I don't find a lot of other PDA owners who read much on their device.
Heh... I am sure the author hasn't heard of us yet

#2  gvtexas 04-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Interesting stuff...

#3  Chi-Chi 04-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Interesting stuff...
I thought so too.

#4  sUnShInE 04-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Well, it just goes to show that you need to really scrutinize the places that you download from. I feel pretty confident that when I log on to Blackmask or Project Gutenberg that I'm getting content that is in the public domain.

And yes, I'm much happier carrying my Clie with 20 books on it than I am carrying even one book. Besides, it cuts down on the possibility of paper cuts.

#5  Chi-Chi 04-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Well, it just goes to show that you need to really scrutinize the places that you download from. I feel pretty confident that when I log on to Blackmask or Project Gutenberg that I'm getting content that is in the public domain.

And yes, I'm much happier carrying my Clie with 20 books on it than I am carrying even one book. Besides, it cuts down on the possibility of paper cuts.
Well that's okay. I believe I have heard that somewhere before.What is that feeling like? Do you mean your name is confident that when he or she log on to Blackmask or Project Gutenberg that he or she is getting content that is in the public domain. Are you kidding? Do you mean your name is happier carrying his or her Clie with 20 books on it than he or she is carrying even one book. "It" being what? I am so glad you find this amusing, .

#6  gvtexas 04-06-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by sUnShInE
And yes, I'm much happier carrying my Clie with 20 books on it than I am carrying even one book. Besides, it cuts down on the posibility of paper cuts.
Last trip to Florida I added a few eBooks to my Clie, thinking I didn't have enough *variety* to last...and counted 72 books on the MS... (have to change that famous saying to "so many ebooks, so little battery juice")

#7  Alexander Turcic 04-10-2003, 06:55 AM
Chi-Chi, don't I know you from somewhere?

#8  Chi-Chi 04-10-2003, 06:55 AM
Do you have any conditions I should know about? I am so glad you find this amusing, .

#9  Alexander Turcic 04-10-2003, 06:56 AM
You don't make much sense so you definately have to be the person (yeah right!) I was thinking of!

#10  macumazahn 05-12-2004, 12:29 PM
I just put a 512m sd in my Tungsten E and am loading over 500 books to it, I seem to be only reading books that are in public domain, there are so many, and I have always wanted to read a number of the classics.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register