Mobileread
FREE/BARGAIN — Audiobooks
#11  GtrsRGr8 01-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Quote tubemonkey
ChristianAudio -- Monthly Offers -- exp 31 Jan

Other Related Titles Are Only $4.98 Each!
I'm at a loss to explain the prevalence of self-development books. When I go through a more-or-less random list of books, it seems that there is about one such book for every ten books! That is probably an overstatement, but I doubt that it is by much.

Have titles that have been previously published on the subject not accomplished the goal of a person getting his or her ducks in a row, so an author feels that he/she must create one that does? Have people with self-developmental needs read one or more of the previous books, but they've gotten no help from them because they haven't put into practice what the previous books said to do? So they decide that the problem is that the previous books were just no good, and so they buy another one that looks promising?

I know, this isn't the thread to get into a discussion about it; I guess that I'm just wondering out loud. But, it's more than that--these self-development titles genuinely get in the way when I'm browsing through the non-fiction markdown lists, whether it be of ebooks or audiobooks. There are too blooming many of them!

#12  tubemonkey 01-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Quote GtrsRGr8
But, it's more than that--these self-development titles genuinely get in the way when I'm browsing through the non-fiction markdown lists, whether it be of ebooks or audiobooks. There are too blooming many of them!
Even one is too many

#13  tubemonkey 01-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 02 Jan

#14  tubemonkey 01-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Daily Deals -- exp 02 Jan

#15  tubemonkey 01-02-2017, 12:34 PM
LearnOutLoud -- Free Monthly Offer -- exp 31 Jan

FREE -- Acres of Diamonds -- Russell Conwell/ Jon Reiss --> 1.3 hrs --> self-development

LearnOutLoud.com Review

Download Russell H. Conwell's Acres of Diamonds. Originating from a speech that Conwell delivered thousands of times throughout the United States, this book provides wisdom on finding opportunity and fortune within one's own community. Russell Conwell was a Baptist minister and an outstanding orator, and his words are well-narrated here by Jon Reiss. Listen to this classic work on how to find wealth and prosperity no matter where you are.
Description

Acres of Diamonds by Russell Conwell is renowned as a classic work on how to be great regardless of your station in life. This book originated as a speech that the minister Conwell delivered over 6,000 times around the world. Here the author argues that men and women need not look elsewhere for wealth and prosperity; success can be found in his or her own community.

Conwell is the Founder of Temple University in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, an institution that was established largely upon income derived from the original Acres of Diamonds speech. We hope you enjoy this lively and inspirational exploration of the riches that exist right in front of us all.

#16  tubemonkey 01-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Day -- Downpour -- exp 02 Jan

#17  tubemonkey 01-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 03 Jan

#18  tubemonkey 01-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Daily Deals -- exp 03 Jan

#19  tubemonkey 01-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Downpour -- Rental of the Week -- exp 09 Jan

$1.99 -- Beneath the Skin -- Jonathan Maberry/ Ray Porter --> 4.9 hrs --> horror

Beneath the Skin: The Sam Hunter Case Files

A collection of short stories featuring Sam Hunter, from bestselling author Jonathan Maberry!

Sam Hunter is a bit of an animal. He’s a former Twin Cities cop who lost his badge because of excessive force. Abusive husbands, child molesters, and other lowlifes wound up looking like they’d been mauled by a dog … or a wolf.

Now Sam’s a low-rent PI in Philadelphia. He takes the kinds of cases no one wants. His clients are usually on the fringes of society. The kind who are prey for all manner of predators—human and otherwise.

When Sam takes on a client they become part of his “pack,” and no one protects their own better than a werewolf. At least, the kind of werewolf like Sam, who comes from a long, long line of Benandanti—also known as “the hounds of God.”

Stories in this collection include: “Like Part of the Family,” “Toby’s Closet,” “Crazy Town,” “We All Make Sacrifices,” and “A House in Need of Children.”

#20  tubemonkey 01-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Downpour -- Deal of the Week -- exp 09 Jan

$3.95 -- Mars -- Leonard David/ Andrew Reilly --> 3.5 hrs --> science

Mars: Our Future on the Red Planet

An inspiring exploration of the establishment of humans on Mars—tying into the National Geographic television documentary series Mars

The next frontier in space exploration is Mars, the Red Planet—and human habitation of Mars isn’t much farther off. In October 2015, NASA declared Mars “an achievable goal”; that same season, Ridley Scott and Matt Damon’s The Martian drew crowds into theaters, grossing over $200 million.

Now the National Geographic Channel fast forwards years ahead with Mars, a six-part series documenting and dramatizing the next twenty-five years as humans land on and learn to live on Mars. Following on the visionary success of Buzz Aldrin’s Mission to Mars and the visual glory of Marc Kaufman’s Mars Up Close, this companion book to the Nat Geo series shows the science behind the mission and the challenges awaiting those brave individuals.

The book combines science, technology, and storytelling, offering what only National Geographic can create. Clear scientific explanations make the Mars experience real and provide amazing visuals to savor and return to again and again.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/633)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register