Mobileread
Is it possible to read an iPublishCentral e-book on Sony?
#1  cays 05-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi to all!

First thank you very much for this helpful forum!

I have bougt a Sony PRS-T2, and it works fine. I bought a paper-book with a web account with it, and there it was given an e-book edition of the original paper-book.

The web site allowed me to download the e-book on my notebook, and I may read it offline with an e-book reader called iPublishCentral. The e-book issue is stored in imp-format, the file extensions are imp, db and xml.

I would like to take this e-book with me on my Sony e-book reader, but I haven't found how to convert in a compatible format. I have tried the converters you provided Converting .IMP to anything? WE ARE NOW THERE! and IMP GUI Converter/Editor. I suspect I didn't use the converters correctly, because it didn't give me any results.

Can somebody of the e-book experts and imp experts explain to me some background knowledge? Is it possible to solve this, or am I constrained to buy the concerned book as an e-book once again?

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Cays

#2  DaleDe 05-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Check our wiki for IMP and IMP software.

Dale

#3  cays 05-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Thank you, DaleDe,
I will do that.
cays

#4  sheetal.sharma 05-28-2013, 04:21 AM
Hi Cays,

Thank you for using iPublishCentral iOffline Reader!

Below is the answer for your query:

Books hosted on the iPublishCentral platform requires dedicated reading applications for offline reading. This is done to protect the publisher's content. We do not have a dedicated reading application for the Sony PRS-T2 device at the moment. iPublishCentral Reading applications is currently available for the desktop/laptops, iPad, and 7 and 10" Android tablets.

I hope this suffices.

Regards,
Sheetal

#5  cays 05-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi Sheetal!

Thank you very much for your answer.

As I do not like so much to read books on my notebook, I hope for a reader program coming for my Sony reader sooner or later.

Kind regards,
Cays

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register