Mobileread
Fanfiction -> EPUB downloader
#11  sigizmund 01-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote Pol
So, I've found one odd error. In attempting to use your option to collect the file as an html file I've encountered this. When the file is on my desktop (Mac OS 10.6.2), I unzip the file and then try to drop the html file into Word (so I can flip the fonts to a serif font). I get the following error:

--
The XML file annot be opened because there is no available data view (XLST).

Details:
Unspecified error

--

I have tried opening Word and importing the html file that way, I've tried dragging the html file to the Word icon. Even saving the file with a new name (opening in browser and saving again), doesn't work.

Just an FYI.
Indeed very odd. I was able to reproduce it, Word indeed doesn't like this file. However, when I open it in TextEdit it opens it fine, allows to change a font and save it back, so try this. I believe this is Word's problem as even after passing the document through tidy Word still doesn't like it. Use TextEdit workaround for a time being, I'll try to figure it out in the meantime.

Thanks for report!

R

#12  FFreader920 06-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Hello -- I'm wondering if this tool works with the new fanfiction.net update? Other downloader tools have recently had to make minor changes based on this? I just got a nook so most interested in epub format. Thank you.

#13  IndecisiveMe 06-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote FFreader920
Hello -- I'm wondering if this tool works with the new fanfiction.net update? Other downloader tools have recently had to make minor changes based on this? I just got a nook so most interested in epub format. Thank you.
I don't use this program, so I can't answer that question. I use Graffer to download in HTML to read on my Pocketbook360. The Nook obviously doesn't support HTML, but you could convert the HTML to EPUB with Calibre if your current program isn't working. A bit of a pain for the conversion step, but it's better than nothing.

Good luck!

#14  sigizmund 06-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Quote FFreader920
Yes, I've released the fix which supports changed FF.net (as well as improves reliability in general).

#15  FFreader920 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM

To IndecisiveMe: set up Calibre and working -- thank you!

To: sigizmund: Whoah! Works perfectly. Thank you so much!!

#16  xangela 10-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I just want to thank you for this, it's amazing.

I'm having problems with certain fics though.. http://twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=8511 (Master of the Universe, don't judge) just refuses to do anything. Goes to http://fanfictionloader.appspot.com/fdown each time. Is it something with that specific story, or am I doing something wrong (It's the only twilighted.net one I've tried to load).

So, if you're still around I'd love to know.

#17  IndecisiveMe 10-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Graffer is the only fic downloader that downloads from Twilighted as far as I know. http://serdel.co.nr/.

I am not one to judge you. You should see my hard drive!

#18  Nahgem 10-22-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm glad this thread got bumped, because I will totally use the heck out of this. Thanks!

#19  Nakor 10-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Sweet, nice app. Thanks much.

#20  Todesser 01-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Hey Guy,
I'm glad u made this stuff. It's really Hot ;D
Would it be possible to support fanfiction.de too?

Greez

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register