Mobileread
anyone still paying a monthly subscription for this ?
#1  stumped 01-25-2021, 04:11 AM
it is pretty obvious, even to the optimists here, that the last set of developers have vanished.
none have posted for 3+ months and others say that email/ PM goes unanswered also.
the last android beta was ~5 months ago. Thankfully, they did not stick around long enough to implement android subscriptions.

so this is a question for the apple users who signed up for a monthly subscription.

will you keep paying or not

please share your rationale either way

oh, and what happens to your abandonware app when/if you stop paying ?

#2  pwalker8 01-25-2021, 03:43 PM
Quote stumped
it is pretty obvious, even to the optimists here, that the last set of developers have vanished.
none have posted for 3+ months and others say that email/ PM goes unanswered also.
the last android beta was ~5 months ago. Thankfully, they did not stick around long enough to implement android subscriptions.

so this is a question for the apple users who signed up for a monthly subscription.

will you keep paying or not

please share your rationale either way

oh, and what happens to your abandonware app when/if you stop paying ?
I have an annual subscription that expires on March 20th. If I don't hear anything before then, I plan to cancel it. My understanding is that it reverts to the ad supported version.

Why stop? Well, the whole point of subscription was to keep development going. I've already paid more than I paid for the original app. I see no point in paying for something that I'm not getting.

I'm sure that one can complain to Apple over abandonware. Not sure what Apple will do other than pull it from the App store.

I do plan to keep my eye out for alternatives.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register