Mobileread
Free Library of Philadelphia
#31  JSWolf 11-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Quote issybird
Yes, they did; that’s what I meant. That was my club of choice.
Did you have your card after the clubs where stopped?

#32  issybird 11-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Quote JSWolf
Did you have your card after the clubs where stopped?
Yes, I kept it up until then; AFAIR, I bought up to my next coupon level when they announced they were ending them so I didn’t leave anything behind. That club was an excellent deal; you made your initial $5 back very quickly and after that, it was pure gravy.

#33  JSWolf 11-23-2020, 05:56 PM
Quote issybird
Yes, I kept it up until then; AFAIR, I bought up to my next coupon level when they announced they were ending them so I didn’t leave anything behind. That club was an excellent deal; you made your initial $5 back very quickly and after that, it was pure gravy.
I'd go into Waldenbooks and come out with a stack of books at I think %15 off.

#34  Apache 11-23-2020, 07:23 PM
I had forgotten about their clubs. I bought a lot of books that way.
Apache

#35  4691mls 11-24-2020, 11:00 AM
Quote haertig
I have never had to renew a library card in my life. But I suppose that depends on the specific library. One card, happens to be my most local library (2 miles from my house), did give me a new card once. After many decades, to add some kind of new technology. The librarian said mine was the oldest card she had run into (the card was older than she was!), so she said "We have to be sure to use your same account number on this new card, as an honor to its longevity!" So that wasn't really a renewal, my old card still worked, just not with some new automated checkout machine they had installed in the library.
My library's cards expire after 3 years. You then have to go in person and renew the card (don't know if this has changed since Covid). After running into this with no warning a couple of times and not being able to check out ebooks, I put a warning in my phone's calendar for the next time.

I understand the library wanting to have an expiration date so people can't just move away and keep using the card indefinitely. It does seem like in this day and age they ought to be able to give you a warning (email? text? somehow via Overdrive) that your card is going to expire.

« First  « Prev   (4/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register