Mobileread
I love reading.
#31  kyteflyer 04-25-2020, 06:04 PM
So many books, so little time...

#32  thompsonmax 05-12-2020, 07:32 AM
Honestly I love reading real paper books rather than e-books but sometimes it is more comfortable to have the only one small e-book with so many different uploaded books inside it.

#33  Nestonlady73 05-28-2020, 01:16 PM
I can't imagine a life without books both the physical variety and nowadays the e-book.I can still remember the thrill I got at the age of 7 when I could go to our local library and choose my own books! Some of my favourite books then were the Famous Five series by Enid Blyton.I had a crush on Julian and wantd to be Georgina (who insisted on being called George) I'm still an avid reader to this day

#34  twowheels 05-28-2020, 01:28 PM
Quote issybird
This gave me a smile. It reminds me of being a kid, when you really could (and did) read all day long. I’d love to get again that feeling of being immersed in a book to the exclusion of all my senses again, and come up groggy as for air when you were done!
"Get off the couch and do something, you need to live in the real world. All of those stories are going to rot your brain."

Sorry... flashbacks from being a kid -- my parents didn't appreciate my reading obsession. But at least I had time to read a lot more than I do now... :-/

#35  Quoth 05-28-2020, 02:58 PM
Quote twowheels
"Get off the couch and do something, you need to live in the real world. All of those stories are going to rot your brain."
They teach us about the real world and people.

#36  JSWolf 05-28-2020, 04:00 PM
Quote twowheels

Sorry... flashbacks from being a kid -- my parents didn't appreciate my reading obsession. But at least I had time to read a lot more than I do now... :-/
I was lucky. My mother liked to read and she encouraged me to read.

« First  « Prev   (4/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register