Mobileread
PBSimpleNewsFeed - a rss/atom feed reader.
#1  GuillaumeTz 02-08-2021, 10:12 AM
Hello,

I published a version of an app I developped and that I'm using to read some rss feeds on my Inkpad 3.

Here is the link : https://github.com/GuillaumeTz/PBSimpleNewsFeed

It reads an OPML file located at ./Dropbox PocketBook/subscriptions.opml (this way I can update it with Dropbox from my computer).

Supports folder and sync all for offline use.

It's pretty rough but works okay for my usage. Used it on my previous Inkpad 2 and still works for my Inkpad 3 !

Any feedback is welcomed ! And if it can help you that will made my day

#2  beedaddy 02-09-2021, 04:41 AM
The interesting question for me is: Where is the source code?

#3  GuillaumeTz 02-10-2021, 02:35 PM
Quote beedaddy
The interesting question for me is: Where is the source code?
On my computer But yeah I could put it OpenSource, gotta clean it a little first and make it presentable ahah. Also maybe add some features and improve UI !

Anything in particular you want to make out of the source code ?

#4  beedaddy 02-12-2021, 03:54 AM
Quote GuillaumeTz
Anything in particular you want to make out of the source code ?
I'm just interested in how to build/handle the pocketbook sdk stuff. So far I was only able to build a small app without the sdk and therefore without a reasonable gui.

#5  GuillaumeTz 02-12-2021, 04:22 AM
Oh i just use the inkview.h under a Debian 32 bits in a virtual machine for development. That allows to build and test directly on my computer without uploading the app to my reader.

I made a small UI widget lib to draw text, verticalbox, horizontalbox... some classic UI things. So with this I create a widget tree to draw for each page.

For more complicated things I took example from pocketbook-coolreader github.

If you need help feel free to ask.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register