Mobileread
POssible bug : search function in caliblere companion
#1  snarkturne 07-25-2020, 02:19 PM
When you have several calibre libraries, you can select on of them in calibre companion.
But the search tool does not search in the selected one (for me it searches only the most ancient library i created).
I can't find any possibility to search another library but the most ancient one.

#2  ottischwenk 07-26-2020, 12:12 AM
I donot understand your problem.
In Calibre Companion you have only one (1) library - not more!

#3  pwalker8 07-26-2020, 08:16 AM
Yea, I'm not understanding what he's saying either. It sounds a lot like he's describing Calibre's behavior rather the CC. I know of no way to have more than 1 library in CC.

#4  chaley 07-26-2020, 09:17 AM
Dollars to donuts the OP is talking about the content server search.

EDIT: and probably iOS CC.

#5  ottischwenk 07-26-2020, 11:51 AM
Quote chaley
Dollars to donuts the OP is talking about the content server search.
In this case, he only searches in the library used in Calibre.
You have a library selection in the cloud connection.

#6  chaley 07-26-2020, 12:05 PM
Quote ottischwenk
In this case, he only searches in the library used in Calibre.
You have a library selection in the cloud connection.
CC has library selection in the content server connection. I (think I) remember fixing a bug in the Android version where the library selection wasn't used by search. I also remember that bug being in the iOS version and not fixed.

#7  MxO2204 12-20-2020, 06:37 AM
Hi,
I have the same problem. The library selection is NOT used by search. CC always searches the 1st Library. But I have 10 different libraries and want to search i.e. the 5th library.

Please fix!!

Thanks
-Pietro

#8  snarkturne 12-26-2020, 03:34 AM
I'm using Android calibre companion, not IOS calibre companion. I know you have just one library in calibre companion. The problem is :
From calibre companion : Select "connect to calibre server".
Then, you can browse ONE of the calibre library (from calibre companion). Or you can change the selected calibre library by choosing "Change Calibre Library" and select one of the libraries (you do this inside calibre companion).
Then you can browse the calibre library you have just selected.
But... from calibre companion, you can also search the calibre library (by clicking the magnifying class). If you do this it will always search seach the default library whatever calibre library if currently selected in calibre companion.
(In my configuration the searched calibre library is the first one in alphabetical order, this is the library selected by default when I first connect calibre companion to the calibre server.).

Calibre companion version :5.4.4.19(410).
Calibre version : 4.17

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register