Mobileread
Intro CC: New Product Manager Joining the Team
#11  PMrev 02-09-2020, 01:35 PM
Quote jackie_w
You may be right about some MR sub-forums, but my recollections of participating in the CC forum when @chaley was running the show are that it was a very positive and co-operative space. Mainly due to chaley giving such excellent support and responding to user requests or at least giving reasons when something wasn't possible.

Admittedly I'm an Android-only CC user and have, so far, been spared any disruption to service.

To Alex, here's my personal feedback (no private conversations required) I won't care if you never add a single new CC feature as long as you keep the Android version running as-is on newer versions of Android (Google permitting).
I would love to know why!

Your opinion matters and feedback such as that doesn't help me drive our resources to making the experience more stable or better for you.

Please send us an email!

ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com

#12  BetterRed 02-09-2020, 01:35 PM
Quote jackie_w
<snip>

To Alex, here's my . . .
Who's Alex?

BR

#13  Deskisamess 02-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Quote BetterRed
Who's Alex?

BR
The OP.

#14  theducks 02-09-2020, 01:50 PM
Quote BetterRed
Who's Alex?

BR
He stated his real name in the body of the text, but signed it with his handle

#15  BetterRed 02-09-2020, 02:04 PM
Quote Deskisamess
The OP.
- Oops, my bad, I overlooked the "My name is Alex and I'm . . . [here to help]", I thought his name was 'Rev'. I was wondering if Jackie was reaching out to a newly discovered member of the CC development resources that Rev/Alex/Sam are driving ever forward

BR

#16  pwalker8 02-09-2020, 03:05 PM
Quote PMrev
Hey Everyone,

Sorry about that email bounce, had to toggle a setting on our side.

Please try reaching out again so we can schedule some calls!

As far as the feedback communication channel, the forum is not the proper way to capture clear user requirements from a product development standpoint. Also phone calls and face to face is the best way in my opinion.

I hear you on the app stability, if that is priority #1, let me hear it!

Please be patient with us. Our goal is to establish that same communication you had with the previous owner and I'm here to talk to with you.

Alex
I suspect the number 1 feedback you will get from the iOS CC users is release an iOS version that is stable and back to where we were before, then worry about new features. Releasing such a version in a timely manner (the current broken version was released 4 months ago and the fix was promised by Christmas) will go a long, long way in restoring my faith in the product.

#17  pwalker8 02-09-2020, 03:05 PM
Quote PMrev
Please try again!
Sent. No bounce so far.

#18  Mims 02-09-2020, 03:11 PM
Quote pwalker8
I suspect the number 1 feedback you will get from the iOS CC users is release an iOS version that is stable and back to where we were before, then worry about new features. Releasing such a version in a timely manner (the current broken version was released 4 months ago and the fix was promised by Christmas) will go a long, long way in restoring my faith in the product.
Ditto

#19  stumped 02-09-2020, 03:15 PM
This will be my only post in this thread.
The general consensus, from looking over all threads for the last 3 months, is that we don't need or want product development, or to pay again for what we already paid for.
I get the feeling that you waltzed into this job without even reading those threads ?

1. For IOS, just fix what you broke in the last iOS update, there are lists galore both here and on your own Trello page so " I am new, please tell me all over again " does not cut it.

2. For Android, fix Dropbox authentication then leave the app alone. The rest of it is built and paid for, and does what it was designed to do, so forget all about monetising it, or turning it into a cash cow. These cows are not for milking.

I have no idea what " user centric " means to you - if it means months of ignoring all posts which are asking for help and fixes, and leaving your users running around in circles looking for help then congrats. Your team have already acnheved mastery in that dept.

There is no love, and no longer a community. They mostly left months ago when the help stopped flowing. Any remaining love was wiped out by the sept 2018 iOS "update" and the subsequent failure to issue even a single hot fix for what you guys broke back then.

Again, basic due diligence when taking over a product. Go study what happened and read all that has been posted about it before asking for repeat wish lists.

FYI,The previous developer demonstrated how well the forum could be run and used it effectively. If you don't want to operate that, then farewell, you will not be having a private dialogue with me or getting my email address or phone number.

Please pull the plug on your way out, if you've decided the forum is not fit for purpose.

Now, I promised a mod that I would butt out of this forum, unless there were new events. So this is me, butting out.
Bye.

#20  PMrev 02-09-2020, 04:47 PM
Quote pwalker8
Sent. No bounce so far.
Sent you a follow up email!

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register