Mobileread
Brandon Sanderson' YA books.
#1  Gandulf 01-17-2021, 08:47 AM
I have enjoyed Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn , Wax and Wyne and his Stormlight series, but I see he has written others but they are YA books. ( The Reckoners, Skyward etc )

Has anyone read his normal Fantasy books and the YA ones? How do they compare?

I do prefer the more involved fantasy books, but nothing wrong with a bit of good light reading as long as they a good.

#2  PurpleStar 01-17-2021, 09:51 AM
I’ve read The Reckoners series. It was good like any of his other books.

#3  Dazrin 01-17-2021, 09:55 PM
I've read both the Reckoners and Skyward and enjoyed them both, not quite as much as the Mistborn books but quite a bit. I've only read the Way of Kings from Stormlight (waiting for the first 1/2 of the series to be complete first) so can't really say with that.

Minor spoiler for Skyward...
Spoiler Warning below

I would say that personally, I'd wait till at least 1 more book is available in the Skyward series before starting it. Huge cliffhanger at the end of book 2.

#4  Paperbackstash 01-19-2021, 07:40 PM
I enjoyed the Reckoners series, but I haven't read any of his other stuff yet.

#5  trksh22 02-01-2021, 06:02 PM
My son and I both enjoyed the Reckoners series. I was just quoting it the other day. Some things I didn't like, but it has been a while and I am still thinking about the series so there you go.

#6  Tarana 02-01-2021, 09:06 PM
I read the Reckoners. It was ok. It's not that it sucked but I guess my preferences rarely include YA. (love Harry Potter, so I dunno what's up with that).

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register