Mobileread
Restoring Database Missing books
#1  Rellwood 10-30-2020, 05:36 PM
I took some advice to restore the database on a library that got pretty big. It reduced the file to 40mb instead of 60. However, it seems that I went from 6062 books to 5954. I had been checking and vacuming the library for ages, but never had any missing or added books. Why would this happen?

When I checked the libary after it showed a lot of additional authors, so I moved the library to a new library in hopes that the "additional authors/titles" would be left behind and I could add them to the new library. I was only left with three books.

What gives? I could understand if I had the wrong book in a file with other books, but the library shows almost 100 missing books.

Fortunatly I kind of backed up, just the metadata file, so I can see which books are missing, but why would this happen?

It was not current on the metadata backup.

EDIT:

I noticed that the books that weren't in the library are books that didn't have metadata opf files.
Reply 

#2  theducks 10-30-2020, 10:53 PM
Quote Rellwood
EDIT:

I noticed that the books that weren't in the library are books that didn't have metadata opf files.
That is what Calibre reads to do a Recover.
So the question is WHY was that missing?
was there some update you recently did that may have affected many books and the queue did not finish before you tried to restore
those file queue for restore use. you can check the queue count (Library Metadata Backup Status) right near the Restore Database
Those books have been lost for a while (although, I would expect phase 2 to have shown them)
Reply 

#3  Rellwood 10-31-2020, 01:25 AM
Quote theducks
That is what Calibre reads to do a Recover.
So the question is WHY was that missing?
was there some update you recently did that may have affected many books and the queue did not finish before you tried to restore
those file queue for restore use. you can check the queue count (Library Metadata Backup Status) right near the Restore Database
Those books have been lost for a while (although, I would expect phase 2 to have shown them)
Oh yeah, I was a dumbass and decided to restore before the metadata queue was updated.

I basically found the books missing their .opf file, then moved them over to a blank library, let the .opf files catch up in that little library, then moved them back. Saved having to wait for the queue. I can't remember what I did to actually find them in the first place, but I was able to. Somwhow between a blank library just using the old metadata and backup.json and the new libary missing the books I was able to merge the missing ones with their correct metadata and then blend them back in.
Reply 

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register