Mobileread
Icon Rules question
#1  Rellwood 10-30-2020, 04:07 PM
Is there a way of creating icon rule sets with multiple icons but have them show in the column in a specific order - not alphabetical by name?

An example: Icons "letter A" and "unfinished" show up opposite of how I want them. (unfinished anthology). I have specific columns that are blank and hold a lot of icon rules. I like to have the icons line up when I scroll down, but I can't do that with multiple icons in a rule set.

I have "unfinished anthology" "unfinished omnibus" and "unfinished". I want the "unfinished" icon to be first and the other icons to follow.

I know that the rules with individual icons can be moved around in the rules list so that I can choose which icons show before others, but when I am dealing with a single rule set with more than one icon, I can't set the order they appear.

Do I need to just rename them?

#2  theducks 10-30-2020, 04:36 PM
Many things Alphabetize when processes, which is why I sometimes Prefix a name with a Digit (Number) 9AlwaysLast, 0BeforeEverythingelse
Why not change just the one you want first?

#3  ownedbycats 10-30-2020, 04:41 PM
Might also be able to put them in a specific order with the advanced icon rules. Not sure what version they were added in, but the if/then/else statements are a bit more intuitive to figure out than the old template.

#4  Rellwood 10-30-2020, 04:45 PM
Quote ownedbycats
Might also be able to put them in a specific order with the advanced icon rules. Not sure what version they were added in, but the if/then/else statements are a bit more intuitive to figure out than the old template.
Not up to the advance icon rules. lol. I will just go in and put that digit in the names...It's not a problem that comes up too often.

#5  davidfor 10-30-2020, 10:03 PM
From what I can see, the icons are shown in the order the icon rules are defined. And it doesn't matter whether I use simple or advanced rules. And as a test, I just changed the order of the rules and the order of the icons changed to match. This is definitely not alphabetical.

#6  ownedbycats 10-30-2020, 11:23 PM
I think that Rellwood was talking about the option to use multiple icons in a single rule.

#7  Rellwood 10-31-2020, 01:27 AM
Yeah, it was the multiple icons. I fixed it with the changing of the names.

#8  theducks 10-31-2020, 07:02 AM
Quote Rellwood
Yeah, it was the multiple icons. I fixed it with the changing of the names.
So what was the naming that worked???

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register