Mobileread
Ares Home Screen
#1  Alan_Bernardo 01-18-2020, 09:46 PM
Hello!

Has anyone had problems with the newest update for the Ares?

I noticed two issues.

1. The Home screen is missing the quote and the reading graph, along with the app icons that used to be right below the quote and graph. All I see now are the books on the device.

2. I can create any directory off the root, except /fonts. I even tried /fontss and it worked. When I try to create /fonts it reverts back to the prior name.

Thanks.

#2  ctop 01-19-2020, 06:20 AM
Quote Alan_Bernardo
Hello!

Has anyone had problems with the newest update for the Ares?

I noticed two issues.

1. The Home screen is missing the quote and the reading graph, along with the app icons that used to be right below the quote and graph. All I see now are the books on the device.

2. I can create any directory off the root, except /fonts. I even tried /fontss and it worked. When I try to create /fonts it reverts back to the prior name.

Thanks.
I don' know about 2 (is that when the device is mounted on a PC?), but for 1 I have exactly the same problem.

#3  Alan_Bernardo 01-19-2020, 08:37 AM
Quote ctop
I don' know about 2 (is that when the device is mounted on a PC?), but for 1 I have exactly the same problem.
Yes, when mounted. Is there a way to create a directory when the device is not mounted?

Edit. Remounted and now I see the /fonts directory which now includes some fonts I downloaded from the cloud, which is an option within the device.

Thanks.

#4  Jinz 01-20-2020, 05:25 AM
Look for the Bookerly and Literata fonts, they are excellent attempts by Amazon and Google to create specialized reader fonts.

#5  bejobo 01-30-2020, 11:39 AM
Hello
1) the quote and the reading graph could not be disabled in the previous version of the firmware; I think I read somewhere quite a few users complained about this (didn't like that waste of space myself I must admit) so I believe there were simply removed in the update, it was even announced in the release notes if I remember well; maybe Boyue could have offered to merely disable them ...

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register