#1  euwfyrZPBP8Gop 01-01-2020, 06:42 PM
See attachment

Thanks you.
el9HPUT_small.jpg 

#2  BookCat 01-02-2020, 09:43 PM
Why would you want to?

#3  fxp33 01-04-2020, 10:09 AM
Hi,

I have had trouble with the glue on my Aura HD... a hint found later on youtube was to slightly warm the border, to melt the glue, without melting the device obviously!

Not sure how to achieve that, probably a hair dryer, maybe applied at the back to avoid damaging the eink system...

Regards

#4  OGRIchardNixon 01-18-2020, 03:34 AM
Quote fxp33
Hi,

I have had trouble with the glue on my Aura HD... a hint found later on youtube was to slightly warm the border, to melt the glue, without melting the device obviously!

Not sure how to achieve that, probably a hair dryer, maybe applied at the back to avoid damaging the eink system...

Regards
To apply heat to adhesives for these kinda mobile device teardowns and repairs, we professionals use heat guns. They are relatively inexpensive tools found at virtually any hardware store.
You would use the heat gun on a lower setting if you need to be careful. You always wave the gun back and forth to avoid concentrating the heat in one spot. Apply heat, peel adhesive, apply again, peel some more, apply again, peel some more, until finally it starts to give. When meeting resistance, warm it up again.

If you've never done mobile device repairs before, be prepared to break things and accept your mistakes. It WILL happen.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

#5  Dr. Drib 01-19-2020, 01:24 PM
I think brain surgery would be a less risky endeavor.

If one part of the brain is damaged, the other side can learn to cope with the deficit: (I know about this first-hand.)

If the Kobo is damaged, it might make a decent, although awkward-looking, paperweight.

#6  OGRIchardNixon 01-19-2020, 11:52 PM
You should look to see what replacement parts are even available. That looks like a full lcd assembly you're splitting apart. You probably don't need to. If a replacement is available, it ought to be the whole assembly.

#7  gmw 01-20-2020, 01:16 AM
Quote Dr. Drib
[...] If the Kobo is damaged, it might make a decent, although awkward-looking, paperweight.
But in these e-days there should be no paper needing to be weighed down. At least the old CRT screens could used as an anchor. These flimsy, light-weight things are no use at all.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register