Mobileread
Welcome screen
#1  pengonia 10-22-2019, 10:22 AM
I'm a long-time user of the desktop client. I successfully got Calibre Server running on my headless Linux system. Everything works great. But I found one issue. I've searched around for an answer, but it's hard to describe so perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places.

When I first installed it I a nice clean start page that resembled this:

Now I have this:
Moderator Notice
Oversized inline images moved to Attachment. Please follow MR Guidelines (link at the bottom of most forums)

What happened? What did I do? How do I get back to the first example?

calibre-server (calibre 4.2)
calibre-start-after.PNG calibre-start-before.png 

#2  theducks 10-22-2019, 11:02 AM
Things change
Explore more, and you will find you have way more (inc. ability to interactive with the data) features in the new version. The new version now works (accesses) with all libraries using the same 'server'

#3  pengonia 10-22-2019, 12:36 PM
But I fear change. ;-)

Thanks. I thought getting the server working on a public-facing IP would be the challenge. I'll look more, but can you point me to a site explaining this? I'm very likely not searching on the right keywords, because I've come up with nothing.

And sorry about the large images. I posted and then got called away and didn't have a chance to fix.

#4  theducks 10-22-2019, 02:57 PM
Quote pengonia
But I fear change. ;-)

Thanks. I thought getting the server working on a public-facing IP would be the challenge. I'll look more, but can you point me to a site explaining this? I'm very likely not searching on the right keywords, because I've come up with nothing.

And sorry about the large images. I posted and then got called away and didn't have a chance to fix.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html
And This forum (just don't count on a search to be very useful )

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register