Mobileread
epub error
#1  libre75 10-14-2019, 10:13 AM
Hi guys, I ask for help on the following errors of the validator, one concerns the div tag that says it is not allowed but I don't understand, how can a dv tag not be allowed?

The other regards the tbody tag, it says it is missing in the table, but there is no table!

Here are the errors:

OEBPS/Text/Capitolo5.html(34,105): Error while parsing file 'element 'div' not allowed here; expected the element end-tag, text or element 'a', 'abbr', 'acronym', 'applet', 'b', 'bdo', 'big', 'br', 'cite', 'code', 'del', 'dfn', 'em', 'i', 'iframe', 'img', 'ins', 'kbd', 'map', 'noscript', 'ns:svg', 'object', 'q', 'samp', 'script', 'small', 'span', 'strong', 'sub', 'sup', 'tt' or 'var' (with xmlns:ns='http:/www.w3.org/2000/svg')'.

OEBPS/Text/Conservazione_alimenti.html(31,9): Error while parsing file 'element 'table' incomplete; missing required element 'tbody''.

#2  Turtle91 10-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Do you by chance have a div inside of a para tag or something similar?

I would also try a search for: "<table" to see if there is one hidden somewhere.

Perhaps you could post a screenshot or a sample of the problem area we would be able to give more precise answers.

#3  DiapDealer 10-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Quote libre75
Hi guys, I ask for help on the following errors of the validator, one concerns the div tag that says it is not allowed but I don't understand, how can a dv tag not be allowed?
It doesn't say that a div tag is not allowed. It says a div tag is not allowed HERE.

Without seeing the html in question at those particular areas. No one can really help much.

#4  theducks 10-14-2019, 01:03 PM
The not here makes me think: out of balance. (BTDT )
The closing tag is on the wrong side of another Block level tag
eg
Div - P ... /Div- /P

#5  libre75 10-23-2019, 05:42 AM
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay and thanks in advance, below the lines of code!

35 <span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><div style="text-align: justify;"><span style="font-size: 16pt;">Cocktail: da elencare in ordine alfabetico e per ordine d'effetto in base agli ingr</span><span style="font-size: 16pt;">e</span><span style="font-size: 16pt;">dienti che lo compongono ad esempio: aperitivi - digestivi.</span></div></span><p></p>

105 <p style="font-size:16pt; line-height:115%; text-align:justify"><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman', serif; font-size:16pt; font-style:italic">LONG DRINK</span></p>

9 <link href="../Styles/styles.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"/>

31 </table>

#6  theducks 10-23-2019, 06:25 AM
Quote libre75
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay and thanks in advance, below the lines of code!

35 <span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;">
<div style="text-align: justify;"><span style="font-size: 16pt;">Cocktail: da elencare in ordine alfabetico e per ordine d'effetto in base agli ingr</span><span style="font-size: 16pt;">e</span><span style="font-size: 16pt;">dienti che lo compongono ad esempio: aperitivi - digestivi.</span>
</div></span>

<p></p>

105 <p style="font-size:16pt; line-height:115%; text-align:justify"><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman', serif; font-size:16pt; font-style:italic">LONG DRINK</span></p>

9 <link href="../Styles/styles.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"/>

31 </table>
What a mess.
Pretty print (Mend and Prettify) helps see nesting issues
35 has a naked Span, (outside the Div, While not a problem all those style= 16pt; are just needless cruft), last is the weird <p> </p> at the end

105 I am betting there is something about the 'Times New Roman' single quotes
9 ??? The order of rel and type? eg <link href="../Styles/template.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

31 is closing a Table What table A Table is a set of tags in a pattern. That say the pattern is broken in between the <Table> and when it closes

#7  Sarmat89 10-23-2019, 06:34 AM
You cannot have a DIV inside a SPAN.

#8  JSWolf 10-23-2019, 08:07 AM
This thread belongs in the ePub forum as it has nothing to do with Sigil and everything to do with ePub.

#9  jhowell 10-23-2019, 09:29 AM
There is nothing wrong on lines 105 and 9.

In the error messages "(34,105)" means character 105 of line 35 referring to the <div> inside of the <span>.

"(31,9)" means character 9 of line 31 referring to the end of the table being reached without encountering the table body.

#10  DiapDealer 10-23-2019, 10:31 AM
Quote JSWolf
This thread belongs in the ePub forum as it has nothing to do with Sigil and everything to do with ePub.
There's always a bit of overlap. I'm not that motivated to move it since the question has basically been answered.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register