Mobileread
PocketBook-KOReader: a document reader for PDF, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, CBZ, ... (AGPLv3)
#191  LucyOne 07-14-2019, 05:30 AM
Is the swiping to adjust the frontlight (right) and the light temperature (left) working in Koreader on any Pocketbook device?

#192  Frenzie 07-14-2019, 08:53 AM
I think "natural light" is only supported on Kobo and Cervantes devices. Someone would have to figure out how it works on PocketBook and implement it.

#193  zslengyel 07-18-2019, 10:25 AM
Quote LucyOne
I have installed KoReader on my Touch HD3 and it really works fine. No freezes so far. It's weird why it won't work so well on the InkPad 3. There I could really use it for PDFs.
I do use it as my main reader on my Inkpad3. It works fine with epubs, freezing like 2 or 3 times a week on average. It used to be quite cumbersome with some pdfs, but saving them optimized in Acrobat is usually working wonders. (This is the first device I use koreader on, so I have no base for comparison.)

#194  tourneur 11-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Quote LucyOne
Does anyone use Koreader regularly and successfully on their Pocketbook device? I have it installed on my InkPad 3, but I hardly use it because it keeps freezing and I have to restart the device. The latest version (2019-06) is really slow, and it's not really possible to change anything in the menus because of the freezes.
I'm on v11 with the InkPad 3 and it does freeze a lot.

Quote LucyOne
Is the swiping to adjust the frontlight (right) and the light temperature (left) working in Koreader on any Pocketbook device?
Swiping to adjust brightness works. But I only see this option for brightness, not color temperature. If there is option for the color temp would like to know!

#195  Frenzie 11-11-2019, 05:26 PM
On devices where color temp is implemented it's brightness left, temperature right. Presumably it hasn't been implemented on PB yet. (It'd require a dev with a relevant device.)

#196  Lykke 11-28-2019, 09:37 AM
Edit: Ah, it worked now. Had to activate it from the "Network" menu first.
Has anyone gotten Wi-Fi to work? KOReader doesn't seem to be able to activate Wi-Fi, so I have to go the Pocketbook's main menu to turn it on. But Pocketbook seems to hibernate the Wi-Fi connection after just a few minutes, so for instance KOReader's cloud sync won't have the time to complete successfully.

#197  LucyOne 02-06-2020, 03:17 PM
The latest nightly v2020.01-16-ge0ce993_2020-02-05 causes KoReader to crash immediately on my Pocketbook InkPad 3, it doesn't even start. Has anyone else had that problem? I won't dare updating now...

#198  Frenzie 02-06-2020, 03:24 PM
Probably https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5822

Quote LucyOne
I won't dare updating now...
Well, it's the nightly after all. You're helping us find issues like that by testing but occasionally it might break.

#199  VladimirS 02-06-2020, 04:42 PM
On my Inkpad 3 Koreader (latest 2020.1.) freezes almost every time. In some occasions it is 100 percent conected to backlight adjusting control. In other ocassions, manual cropping of pdf files (margines) causes freezing also.

It is shame, Koreader app has many great features, in same aspects it is far more advance that default app. It has a lot to offer, just implementation is not yet finished.

Freezing is so bad that I have to manually restart Inkpad 3 everytime by holding power button at least 5 sec. I would like to hear opinions of other people... Maybe we can help in some way developers... App is very promising, really.

#200  Frenzie 02-07-2020, 04:05 AM
Unfortunately none of the active developers have a PocketBook device. If you know some basic programming, there's a mostly finished workaround: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3540

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (20/25)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register