Mobileread
Comics in vertical view, possible?
#1  norweger 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
I've just got my hands on an Onyx Boox Note 2, and I've got Walking Dead Compendium 4 on it, and I am trying to read it in vertical mode. Is that possible?

I've tried three apps with no luck. The native comic reader, Kindle and Astonishing Comic Reader.

#2  Pajamaman 09-09-2020, 08:43 AM
What's vertical mode? You mean scrolling down the pages?

#3  norweger 09-09-2020, 09:17 AM
Quote Pajamaman
What's vertical mode? You mean scrolling down the pages?
Yeah, that's right. So you hold the Onyx Boox upright, so the comic page fits neatly into the display, instead of holding it in horizontal mode.

#4  Pajamaman 09-09-2020, 10:23 AM
You mean portrait mode? That's the default mode in the default Neoreader app. Look under format and navigation settings for all that stuff.

#5  norweger 09-09-2020, 05:33 PM
Appreciated!

EDIT. Tried the native neo reader app, it's vertical, but it doesn't browse pages right.

#6  draw2much 09-26-2020, 05:40 PM
What about Challenger Comics Viewer? It's got a lot of options and, if I recall when I was testing it, I thought it would be good for vertical scrolling (though for regular left-to-right the default Boox reader seems best).

#7  norweger 09-26-2020, 06:54 PM
Thanks for checking in, draw2much. I resolved the problem. It was the native viewer which was zoomed ever so slightly in, thus I had to click twice to turn pages.

I wish the image wouldn't flash by in negative when I turn the page, but it was alright nonetheless. I finished Walking Dead 4.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register