Mobileread
Firmware Update Instructions and the latest Firmware Versions
#11  gilowyn 01-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Nope. cannot get it work. Ectaco was extremely unhelpful as well.... So now this POS is going back and I am ordering a Kindle.

#12  LS650 01-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Geez, that's too bad - I'm finding my POS works really well.

#13  gr8npwrfl 01-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Change the link for the new firmware to JL04-v0.34b.exe

#14  Thundergirls 01-20-2010, 06:33 PM
I wondered why the download for 34c wasn't working. I can't get logged in to the ftp site, "anonymous" isn't doing it. Anyone have guidance as to how to get this downloaded? Got a new JBL coming tomorrow, love to have the firmware for it.

#15  Thundergirls 01-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Okay got it, server must have been off for a minute.

Quote Thundergirls
I wondered why the download for 34c wasn't working. I can't get logged in to the ftp site, "anonymous" isn't doing it. Anyone have guidance as to how to get this downloaded? Got a new JBL coming tomorrow, love to have the firmware for it.

#16  Kralik 01-20-2010, 08:14 PM
gilowyn, try this:

Hold down the power and right arrow key until the jetBook LED comes on. Then release the power key and CONTINUE to hold > until you see the upgrade confirmation page.

#17  gr8npwrfl 01-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Thundergirls.

the 34b firmware is not for the jetbook 'lite' it is for the original full version jetbook with rechargable lithium ion batteries built in.

you want the lite_015.exe version

#18  gilowyn 01-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks Kralik - didn't work either, unfortunately. It is going back tomorrow, the Kindle was shipped today. It is one month old, already freezes and has only one way to update/ flash the firmware... and if that doesn't work, you are basically stuck. Annoyed as hell.

Hopefully, the Kindle will be a tad better.... and I at least have Amazon in case of problems, who usually are good with those.

#19  mitchwah 01-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote gr8npwrfl
Change the link for the new firmware to JL04-v0.34b.exe
thanks gr8npwrfl. I updated the link.

#20  Dr. Drib 01-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote gilowyn
Thanks Kralik - didn't work either, unfortunately. It is going back tomorrow, the Kindle was shipped today. It is one month old, already freezes and has only one way to update/ flash the firmware... and if that doesn't work, you are basically stuck. Annoyed as hell.

Hopefully, the Kindle will be a tad better.... and I at least have Amazon in case of problems, who usually are good with those.

Best of luck with your new Reader.

I have two Kindle 2s, and one jetBook.

You might want to update your Profile to indicate what Reader you own.

Don

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/12)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register