Mobileread
How and Where to Publish Your Ebooks
#31  nomesque 10-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Quote jeremy_ahn
i want to make ebooks and have people pirate the free ebooks i put out to spread my name like bubonic plague throughout prague and beyond
Now there's a beautiful metaphor for you... plague-ridden pirates...

#32  jeremy_ahn 10-06-2009, 03:22 AM
Quote nomesque
Now there's a beautiful metaphor for you... plague-ridden pirates...
mmm deliciousness. i drool on my keyboard. brb, i'm going to my fridge for cheese and yogurt and dip and ranch dressing. slurpy time.

#33  llreader 10-31-2009, 07:43 AM
If anyone is using Scrivener and Smashwords, I posted an export filter to format the former for the latter: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=643143

If you use it, let me know how it works. Thanks!

#34  Mindy Reed 11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
What is the best way to get my manuscript onto the Kindle. I have the .pdf files from book publisher.

#35  pshrynk 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Quote Mindy Reed
What is the best way to get my manuscript onto the Kindle. I have the .pdf files from book publisher.
I would suggest that you go to the Kindle Forum and ask there. The Writer's Corner is mostly about writing books. The folks who hag out at the Kindle forum are very helpful and will walk you thorugh the process. And welcome to Mobile Read!

#36  sibelhodge 12-16-2009, 08:35 AM
This is a very helpful discussion. Most writers just want to write, but these days they have to know about marketing, different e-reader formats etc. Confusing for a lot of people who are tech-minded. Easy to understand guides and more info on different companies who distribute and sell your ebooks is very helpful to all writers.

#37  sibelhodge 12-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Quote Moejoe
You could have knocked me over with a feather when I looked at the numbers the other day. I'm not writing novels, I've not even put out any novellas yet, and we're continually told by the big pubs that short-stories aren't read and don't have an audience. I would have been happy with 50 downloads, so this number is ridiculous and goes beyond all my wildest dreams
With e-readers now, I think there is going to be a big demand for short fiction, magazines etc as well.

#38  Moejoe 12-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Quote sibelhodge
With e-readers now, I think there is going to be a big demand for short fiction, magazines etc as well.
And just when I gave up writing short-fiction and marketing too Damnit, I always end up shooting myself in the foot.

#39  Marseille 12-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Do any of the portals mentioned here force you to go exclusive with them? I gather Amazon requires charging for books epublished with them, could someone publish there but still publish elsewhere without charging?

#40  nomesque 12-22-2009, 02:22 AM
Quote David Marseilles
Do any of the portals mentioned here force you to go exclusive with them? I gather Amazon requires charging for books epublished with them, could someone publish there but still publish elsewhere without charging?
I don't think any of them do. Smashwords, Feedbooks and Amazon definitely don't. You can sell for a price on Amazon and give away free elsewhere - I know a few authors doing exactly that.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (4/14)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register