Mobileread
Sync wordwise for non-Amazon book.
#1  xversion1 01-18-2020, 07:38 AM
I like to have a nice cover for non-Amazon book so I add ASIN number to books' metadata. Out of the blue I see I got more than book's cover, wordwise also comes along. The problem is the book is converted from epub file so it's not Amazon book and this make the wordwise all messes up. Every thing is misplaced.
So I think maybe I just need to find a way to re-arrange the words, to somehow sync it, to make it fit with where wordwise appears. Is it possible?

#2  jhowell 01-18-2020, 09:20 AM
My understanding is that Word Wise is based on offsets of words within the raw html of the book. For the words to match up you would need to duplicate all of the internal markup of version for sale by Amazon.

It would be more practical for you to generate a new Word Wise database that matches the file you are sideloading. See: Scripts for generating word wise information

#3  xversion1 01-20-2020, 09:44 AM
Quote jhowell
My understanding is that Word Wise is based on offsets of words within the raw html of the book. For the words to match up you would need to duplicate all of the internal markup of version for sale by Amazon.
Can you elaborate this? I tried the other way (used the script) but got the error I can't solve.

#4  jhowell 01-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Quote xversion1
Can you elaborate this? I tried the other way (used the script) but got the error I can't solve.
Sorry, that is all I know about the subject.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register